Scott Lloyd v. Smac-Ultimate Buffoon of the Universe Contest

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_candygal
_Emeritus

Re: Scott Lloyd v. Smac-Ultimate Buffoon of the Universe Con

Post by _candygal »

Exiled wrote:It does change things. It looks like the puerto rico case was just another cover up. I wonder why those mods at the other board thought they needed to ban me when they could prove me wrong? It wasn't an effort to show the church doing something correct when yet another church perv predator goes to work, it was just another cover up of yet another church perv. I wonder how many other pervs are out there? How many other cover ups are there?
This is all getting so creepy.
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

consiglieri wrote:
Thanks, Fence Sitter!

Up to this point, I had been thinking the church issued the statement first because it was quoted in the SLT article.

But I guess if I had thought about it a bit more, it would have been obvious this must have been in the works at the SLT for a while (in this case three weeks) and that Peggy would have contacted the church to get their statement.

It sounds like the church's response was an official statement that they must have burned the midnight oil on in order to get it to come out the same day as the SLT article.

So this does put things in a very different light than what I had been thinking.

I think this puts the whole SLT article in a different light for me. Reading the church response now looks like an arm-waving, hand-wringing effort at damage control.

The LDS Church did NOT voluntarily release this story as a way of obliquely addressing the Joseph Bishop black-eye.

Instead, the LDS Church did NOT voluntarily release this story AT ALL!

This is another instance of the church getting caught covering up a sex abuse scandal of huge proportions.

Mission President sexually abuses multiple sister missionaries and nobody is the wiser . . . until four years later . . . and not because of any church announcement . . . but because a sister missionary called her stake president stateside and blew the whistle.

This gives the fact the church still had Philander's photo and resume up at LDS.org a whole new twist.

Man, they really didn't want anybody to know about this!

And except for an anonymous tip to Peggy Fletcher-Stack, this story would have languished in obscurity.

I expect the tip may have come as a result of the notoriety of the Joseph Bishop case, though. And so in this way, if no other, the two stories may yet be linked.

I could possibly point you to someone who knows Smartt personally , is familiar with the story and might have some tips if you're gonna go sleuthing. I would ask the individual first, but let me know if you're interested.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

Absolutely, Meadowchik!

Just PM me!
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)