Salt Lake and Provo ranked among the worst for singles

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Salt Lake and Provo ranked among the worst for singles

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Salt Lake and Provo ranked among the worst for singles

Post by _Shulem »

I don't mean to be crude but Salt Lake and Provo is the heart of Mormonism -- the religion that teaches masturbation is sin. How can singles be happy living in such an environment when they can't even pleasure themselves in private without church leaders telling them they are sinful for doing so?

Indeed, it seems like the worst place for singles to live. Nothing but a wet dream for men who are stuck in the cult's rut. I can't think of anything worse than a church telling singles they can't touch their privates for personal pleasure. It's no business of the church to tell people whether they can masturbate or not.

The church is so disgusting.
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

“The data examined the number of online dating opportunities, nightlife options and the share of the single population in those cities.”

What if you’re single but don’t want to be surrounded only by other singles, and another’s version of a good time/night life? I bet you could take another study proving that people in areas where there are lots of singles tend to stay single longer than those who live among the general population.

Anyway, it does suck to be single in Mormon circles.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Worst place for singles...high suicide rate amongst teenagers...heart of Mormonism.

Join the dots.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')