"Ministering" should be called "Spying and reporting"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Re: "Ministering" should be called "Spying and reporting"

Post by _Craig Paxton »

huckelberry wrote:
I know arguing is expected on this board but I have been trying to gain updated information instead. I am not claiming to have better information than others here.

Amen? ok, but what in the world are you talking about?

I thought reporting special needs meant something along the line of , so and so broke a leg and needs help of such and such a kind.

Instructions To Return and Report were standard with many leadership assignments. As a young elders quorum President i was often instructed by my then bishop to “return and report”...(exact quote) any information i gleaned in my calling as EQP
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

The leaders always want to find out information because they think it is their duty to make sure all the members under them are following the plan. Out of so-called "love" and "concern" they become nosey. So, if there isn't an official return and report part to the new ministering program, it will be unofficially there.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Exiled wrote:The leaders always want to find out information because they think it is their duty to make sure all the members under them are following the plan. Out of so-called "love" and "concern" they become nosey. So, if there isn't an official return and report part to the new ministering program, it will be unofficially there.

Life is so much more pleasant not being in the church (cult). So much easier! My life is a million times more blessed by not being subject to the rules of the cult. I live my my life according my own manner of happiness and I testify it is much better than living in church mode. No need for the church. No need for Jesus. No need for a Father. No need to beg an invisible Ghost to come comfort me.

Oh Google! I'm free and it feels so good!

:smile: