Nelson's housewarming gift

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Nelson's housewarming gift

Post by _Shulem »

The apostolic and prophetic blessings offered by those Flim-Flam Men are just as worthless as the ones left by elder Andersen to the sorry people of Puerto Rico. Worthless, fake, and pretended blessings. Instead of a hurricane these people will probably suffer a terrible famine. Mormon blessings are bad luck. Mormonism in Africa is a total joke.

Nelson and dog faced ugly Holland are total conmen. Isn't that right, elder Holland, you sorry bastard, who can't read a lick of ancient Egyptian? Disgusting, dirty, men.
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Post by _Craig Paxton »

Shulem wrote:The apostolic and prophetic blessings offered by those Flim-Flam Men are just as worthless as the ones left by elder Andersen to the sorry people of Puerto Rico. Worthless, fake, and pretended blessings. Instead of a hurricane these people will probably suffer a terrible famine. Mormon blessings are bad luck. Mormonism in Africa is a total joke.

Nelson and dog faced ugly Holland are total conmen. Isn't that right, elder Holland, you sorry bastard, who can't read a lick of ancient Egyptian? Disgusting, dirty, men.

So I'm going to go out on a very thin limb and assume that your not a big fan of these men...please feel free to correct me if I've misinterpreted your post.
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Craig Paxton wrote:So I'm going to go out on a very thin limb and assume that your not a big fan of these men...please feel free to correct me if I've misinterpreted your post.

Yes, your assumption is entirely correct. I am not a fan of Mormon leaders. They are a pack of wolves masquerading as humble holy men while all along they are arrogant and prideful. Those men stew in their self-righteous holier than thou attitudes. They are religious mobsters -- all of them are corrupt.
_Wonhyo
_Emeritus

Post by _Wonhyo »

I'm a bit surprised that no one from the PR department addressed this with Pres. Nelson beforehand. Nelson may been totally sincere in his belief that a photo of the new First Presidency was a good gift. But surely someone in the Church's PR entourage there might have known - should have known - beforehand and said something like, "Um, how about if the gift is something less about the leaders of the Church and more about the Savior?"

But, then again, without the leaders in SLC and their predecessors, Mormonism really becomes just another strain of Christianity.
It is better to travel well than to arrive.
_lemuel
_Emeritus

Post by _lemuel »

Wonhyo wrote:I'm a bit surprised that no one from the PR department addressed this with Pres. Nelson beforehand. Nelson may been totally sincere in his belief that a photo of the new First Presidency was a good gift. But surely someone in the Church's PR entourage there might have known - should have known - beforehand and said something like, "Um, how about if the gift is something less about the leaders of the Church and more about the Savior?"

But, then again, without the leaders in Salt Lake City and their predecessors, Mormonism really becomes just another strain of Christianity.

They wouldn't dare question the wisdom of the Lord's prophet.
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Post by _Craig Paxton »

Wonhyo wrote:I'm a bit surprised that no one from the PR department addressed this with Pres. Nelson beforehand. Nelson may been totally sincere in his belief that a photo of the new First Presidency was a good gift. But surely someone in the Church's PR entourage there might have known - should have known - beforehand and said something like, "Um, how about if the gift is something less about the leaders of the Church and more about the Savior?"

But, then again, without the leaders in Salt Lake City and their predecessors, Mormonism really becomes just another strain of Christianity.

This is an excellent point. I think it reinforces just how detached they are from reality they are. Its such an egotistical thing to do. They need to listen less to their self proclaimed press articles and more on how to be humble and self promoting.
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka