The Great Firewall of Nelson

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: The Great Firewall of Nelson

Post by _Shulem »

Res Ipsa wrote:If that’s the case, I’m scratching my head over the church’s legal grounds for demanding that the information be removed. Maybe some enterprising formon will create a site so we can find out what the deal is.

Nobody is making claim that the church legal department made any such demands. What is stated is that the church legal department requested that the information be removed. The site manager apparently complied with the request. I see this particular move as a way for the church (North Korea) to tighten its control on its own statistical information. I see this as an effort to centralize official Mormon information on the Internet in an attempt to make it's own site receive more traffic.
_Simon Southerton
_Emeritus

Re: The Great Firewall of Nelson

Post by _Simon Southerton »

moksha wrote:
Simon Southerton wrote:Historically the church has provided far more statistical information than most other churches.

Such as the average number of church attendees on a monthly or yearly basis?

With one important exception: the average number of church attendees on a monthly or yearly basis

Of course they know this down to the resolution of each week.
LDS apologetics --> "It's not the crime, it's the cover-up, which creates the scandal."
"Bigfoot is a crucial part of the ecosystem, if he exists. So let's all help keep Bigfoot possibly alive for future generations to enjoy, unless he doesn't exist." - Futurama