It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: My Consent to Use "Rosebud"
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:41 pm 
God

kevensting wrote:
So much male fragility here, so little time to unpack.

Oh, and I'm not sure if you noticed, champ, but this isn't a court of law. You're not entitled to any information other than what people are willing to give. But you go ahead and continue acting entitled. It's cute.

Oh go ahead and unpack it.

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:01 pm 
God

grindael wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Yes, sorry, I wrote, "Since I don't know ANYTHING about all this, I just googled it, and came upon this thread from Mormon Discussions: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46092"

I never went to the actual thread, I just saw what I posted above. I then went to the thread and saw the link deleted. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who "Rosebud" is.

I just read this thread and didn't know anything about anyone involved. I googled it and found Rosebud's real name easily.

The thing is, just like General Conference, no one is watching. Nobody cares.

Mormonism, its apologists and critics are nothing beyond inconsequential in this world.

As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and 'bad' of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weaken and defeat you. - O'Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:20 am 
God

5 years of drama.
A couple of WordPress sites to catalog and discuss the grievances.
Yearly threads here.
There is 1 person that cares.
They need therapy to find closure?

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:43 am 
God

So unpaid or low paid services, accusations of non-transparent non-profit funds etc.

It seems to simply be a battle with Delhin about Money.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:13 am 
God

It's time to move on, Rosebud.

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:21 am 
God

RockSlider wrote:
So unpaid or low paid services, accusations of non-transparent non-profit funds etc.

It seems to simply be a battle with Delhin about Money.

She lost her "livelihood". It was 32k. :rolleyes:

- Doc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:42 pm 
1st Quorum of Seventy

Rosebud and the rest of her identities, I wish you the best and feel badly for your struggles. If something happened that entails sexual assault or harassment, well, then I think that horrible and hope that the negative effects that have resulted continue to be defeated by magnanimous living, or professional services or both. I don't' think there's much to say here other than a repeated hope you seek out the help you seem to need. I don't' mean that as a way to dismiss you. I mean it because I don't think posting anonymous, ambiguous complaints here is helping anyone.
But I realize I could be wrong on that.

Have a good one.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:32 pm 
God

SteelHead wrote:
5 years of drama.
A couple of WordPress sites to catalog and discuss the grievances.
Yearly threads here.
There is 1 person that cares.
They need therapy to find closure?

There's a coupla blogs as you mentioned, her posts on reddit (have only seen those referred to here) and every stinking one of these refers back to her posts and threads on this board, as if her posts/threads on this board validate her when nothing she's written validates anything at all and she claims in one post that she's commenting online for "the historians".

She's generating her own self feeding campaign. Pretty darn creepy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:57 pm 
Star A

There are a lot of crossed wires in this thread.

I want to say it's pretty clear to me that Stem is actually giving you good advice Rosebud from a position of actually caring. I don't think it's fair at all to respond in the way you did. There's a joke there somewhere about a Rosebud not lasting long without a Stem but it's a bad one.

As for doxing, you already doxed yourself Rosebud when you were asked your name and posted a link to it on this message board. I think it's very charitable that the moderators decided that you could "unlink" it after the fact, but it's archived online and all it takes is a very easy Google search. That archive is not a dox because you released your name yourself and linked it to this message board. You are a public figure and activist and you chose to do that for whatever reason, but it was your choice and after that it's not really possible to dox you. I'm not planning on using your name but it is what it is.

I just hope Rosebud that in seeking this form of revenge instead of pursuing the legal route that was available to you that it doesn't become something you regret for whatever reason in the future. I do think the public has a right to know about Dehlin's history on this issue and I don't think he's been transparent so I'm glad you have given your account. At this point I agree with Stem that it would be wise to seek some help and to get another opinion from someone that you can tell everything to and who then is in the best position to advise you on how to move on with your life in happiness.

Speaking generally, I think there are circumstances that seem to back up what Rosebud is saying unfortunately since her name is off limits it's difficult to point that out but it is possible to verify that she was an employee at the time and that she was earning 20k less than John Dehlin at the time she was fired. It's highly unusual for the whole board of directors bar one to resign so suddenly. The lawyer Dehlin used to fire Rosebud, per the letters she posted here, were sent from a lawyer who specializes in defending employers against sexual harassment claims.

Rosebud claims that she had an affair with Dehlin and was groped without her consent and as a result she was fired when Dehlin decided he didn't want to abandon his family for her. If you listen to John Dehlin's podcast about this time period and his description of how he was feeling and acting then it isn't difficult to see how this would fit. We will never know since there is no way to legally know unless Dehlin admits to it or Rosebud retracts, both of which seem very unlikely. I do believe Rosebud when she says something happened though and it seems obvious for Dehlin saving his family was a large part of his decision to fire her.

If Rosebud had filed her paperwork in Arizona where according to the letter firing her OSF is based she would only be required to show there were two employees which could be easily shown. I'm not sure why she waited until the last possible moment and then filed it in a place where she had no chance of it even being listened to. I also don't know why she didn't sue him. She seems to claim that she did it so that she could post her account of what happened for historians, but I doubt any historian is going to be interested enough when we are all dead to even look for it. She also claims that she never had any intention of actually pursuing it and doesn't have any desire to now either.

From Rosebud's responses on this board she's said she doesn't care what anyone thinks about her claims, she doesn't care how she comes across and doesn't really want to actually explain anything but that she is posting here as a way of communicating with Dehlin. For that reason alone I'm not planning to read or respond to anymore of these threads. The crossed wires seem to come from these rants that aren't meant for anyone but Dehlin while everyone else is just left frustrated and confused it's sad because I think people do genuinely want to help, but it is what it is. I can see why she might decide to passive aggressively rant given what she claims happened to her and it does seem that Dehlin is no better and is doing the same in tweeting about needing a good defamation lawyer. If I knew two friends using social media passive aggressively like this I would tell them to get a room, but given the history that would be a very bad idea.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:14 pm 
God

Stem wrote:
Rosebud and the rest of her identities, I wish you the best and feel badly for your struggles.

It would be neat if each of those identities wrote you a thank you note for those best wishes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:16 pm 
God

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:34 pm 
God

Goldenbrass wrote:

From Rosebud's responses on this board she's said she doesn't care what anyone thinks about her claims, she doesn't care how she comes across and doesn't really want to actually explain anything but that she is posting here as a way of communicating with Dehlin. For that reason alone I'm not planning to read or respond to anymore of these threads. The crossed wires seem to come from these rants that aren't meant for anyone but Dehlin while everyone else is just left frustrated and confused it's sad because I think people do genuinely want to help, but it is what it is. I can see why she might decide to passive aggressively rant given what she claims happened to her and it does seem that Dehlin is no better and is doing the same in tweeting about needing a good defamation lawyer. If I knew two friends using social media passive aggressively like this I would tell them to get a room, but given the history that would be a very bad idea.

Nailed.

It's dysfunctional as all hell.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:29 am 
God

It is beyond disfunctional, it is obesessive.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin