It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Consent to Use "Rosebud"
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:13 pm 
Stake High Council

I tried to get a blogpost of this consent on Rational Faiths last year, but they were too afraid of John (or legal consequences, idk). I did put it in a comment there under the James P. piece last year, but my comment was deleted. I assume that there are greater possible legal consequences for a blog than a message board.

Again, I'd like to thank Dr. Shades for being the only post-ex-whatever Mo who isn't too afraid of John to allow me to speak. It's meant more than he can know. I'm really appreciative that he didn't say, "It's bad for the community!" I'm so sick of people silencing me for that reason. Me speaking is not what's bad for the community. What was bad for the community was John's actions and his silencing of me.

Anyway, I give consent for anyone to use the name "Rosebud" referring to me in any media anywhere. It's not that I don't want this story out (obviously), it's that I have had enough real-world consequences as it is. Despite my many setbacks, I am trying to build a better life for myself and my children. I'm not really too embarrassed about this anymore. It says more about what's wrong with Mormonism than it shames me. Shame is so natural -- and so easy for predators and the church to take advantage of -- that it takes some growing up to see the obvious.

I do not give consent for anyone to use my IRL name. "Rosebud" it is. Say whatever you want about what I've said here on this board. That goes for all media types: traditional, social... anything.

For now until forever. I don't know how much people care about this right now or if or when this consent will mean anything. But regardless, this consent is permanent.

Someone please copy this post in their reply so that people will feel confident that I can't come back and delete it.

No doxxing..... I have a non-Mormon life to live. I want my future to be better than my past and doxxing puts the power back in John's hands because he knows how to use his media and followers to hurt me. That was his plan all along. I'm sick of him having power to hurt me and my family. Enough.

I was really impressed with Hollywood. Not so impressed with ex-Mos.

Rosebud

I've been using the same handle, Rosebud, for several years. It predates the issues I discuss here. The handle is therefore not intended to lend any significance to any of my MormonDiscussions.com posts, any of the conflicts I choose to address on this board, or any poster besides myself. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: My Consent to Use "Rosebud"
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:33 pm 
God

Would you mind if Orson Wells used your name in a motion picture?

Those other wishy-washy forums probably have so-called "ethical scruples" against character assassination.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:39 pm 
God

Lol:

https://dearjohndehlin.wordpress.com/tag/rosebud/

eta: If John Dehlin makes ~$82.5k as a base pay and earns 2 cents per download of podcasts what do you feel you should be earning, I guess since you're no longer with OSF, as a residual?

- Doc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:45 pm 
God

Rosebud wrote:
I tried to get a blogpost of this consent on Rational Faiths last year, but they were too afraid of John (or legal consequences, idk). I did put it in a comment there under the James P. piece last year, but my comment was deleted. I assume that there are greater possible legal consequences for a blog than a message board.

Again, I'd like to thank Dr. Shades for being the only post-ex-whatever Mo who isn't too afraid of John to allow me to speak. It's meant more than he can know. I'm really appreciative that he didn't say, "It's bad for the community!" I'm so sick of people silencing me for that reason. Me speaking is not what's bad for the community. What was bad for the community was John's actions and his silencing of me.

Anyway, I give consent for anyone to use the name "Rosebud" referring to me in any media anywhere. It's not that I don't want this story out (obviously), it's that I have had enough real-world consequences as it is. Despite my many setbacks, I am trying to build a better life for myself and my children. I'm not really too embarrassed about this anymore. It says more about what's wrong with Mormonism than it shames me. Shame is so natural -- and so easy for predators and the church to take advantage of -- that it takes some growing up to see the obvious.

I do not give consent for anyone to use my IRL name. "Rosebud" it is. Say whatever you want about what I've said here on this board. That goes for all media types: traditional, social... anything.

For now until forever. I don't know how much people care about this right now or if or when this consent will mean anything. But regardless, this consent is permanent.

Someone please copy this post in their reply so that people will feel confident that I can't come back and delete it.

No doxxing..... I have a non-Mormon life to live. I want my future to be better than my past and doxxing puts the power back in John's hands because he knows how to use his media and followers to hurt me. That was his plan all along. I'm sick of him having power to hurt me and my family. Enough.

I was really impressed with Hollywood. Not so impressed with ex-Mos.

Rosebud

- Doc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:44 pm 
God

How come don't plain know what she is doing..not doing..and what this is all about? Color me stupid. Embarrassed?? Does John really care???

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:58 pm 
God

candygal wrote:
Does John really care???

So how could he not care already?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:48 pm 
God

candygal wrote:
How come don't plain know what she is doing..not doing..and what this is all about? Color me stupid. Embarrassed?? Does John really care???

Quote:
johndehlin@johndehlin

Follow Follow @johndehlin

More

Looking for a really good defamation lawyer. Please message me.

8:56 AM - 7 Apr 2018

Maybe after, what, three years of her slandering him he's finally found his balls and is going to defend his name?

- Doc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:05 pm 
God

Does anyone think that John Dehlin needs to tweet to find a good defamation lawyer? :rolleyes:

Out of an abundance of caution, I think refreshing ourselves on general rule 7 might be a good thing:

Quote:
Do not reveal personal or "in real life" information about any poster on this site that he or she has not explicitly revealed here. This includes avoiding mention of his/her actual first or last name, even if he or she has made it available on some other website.* This also includes information harvested from Facebook.

An ounce of prevention and all that...

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:47 pm 
God

If Dehlin is considered a public figure on this board, Rule 7 doesn't apply.

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:48 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
candygal wrote:

Quote:
johndehlin@johndehlin

Follow Follow @johndehlin

More

Looking for a really good defamation lawyer. Please message me.

8:56 AM - 7 Apr 2018

Maybe after, what, three years of her slandering him he's finally found his balls and is going to defend his name?

- Doc

Yeah, who knows? For all we know he's firing tit-for-tat warning shots.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:49 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
If Dehlin is considered a public figure on this board, Rule 7 doesn't apply.

My apologies. I was referring to Rosebud, not Dehlin.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:52 pm 
God

She's voluntarily posting her own stuff (not to mention several boatloads of defamation against Dehlin) on here so does it matter? Did someone post her off board communications? If so, I didn't see it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:55 pm 
God

candygal wrote:

I think if you watch this stuff long enough, you'll tend to agree that she's flirting. Meanwhile she's posting unsupported defamation against a public figure on this board while hiding behind a screen name.

Tangled web and all that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:57 pm 
God

This is interesting. If you look at the comments section Droopy is posting as himself and as Loran Blood:

https://dearjohndehlin.wordpress.com/20 ... terrorism/

- Doc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:01 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
She's voluntarily posting her own stuff (not to mention several boatloads of defamation against Dehlin) on here so does it matter? Did someone post her off board communications? If so, I didn't see it.

No. Given the amount of personal information Rosebud had posted here, there is a strong risk that she could be identified. Given that circumstance, I thought it would be appropriate and helpful to remind everyone of what the appropriate rule actually says. Ounce of prevention.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:04 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

No. Given the amount of personal information Rosebud had posted here, there is a strong risk that she could be identified. Given that circumstance, I thought it would be appropriate and helpful to remind everyone of what the appropriate rule actually says. Ounce of prevention.

Why, though? She doesn't need your white knighting if you simply read the opening post.

- Doc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:07 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
candygal wrote:

I think if you watch this stuff long enough, you'll tend to agree that she's flirting. Meanwhile she's posting unsupported defamation against a public figure on this board while hiding behind a screen name.

Tangled web and all that.

From the standpoint of the rules, I don’t think the nature of her claims matters. We all make all sorts of claims here anonymously. If she isn’t entitled by the rules to the same anonymity you are, I’m not seeing it in the rules.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:12 pm 
God

I wasn't discussing the rules in that post.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:21 pm 
God

Hey Rosebud,

Is that Facebook post of yours still floating around somewhere? You should post it here to get our lurkers up to speed.

- Doc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:35 pm 
God

Doc, the why is easy. It’s been a contentious issue in the past and I have the naïve view that reminding people of what the rules actually say might help avoid having to deal with an “outing” after the fact.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:24 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

She's already basically connected her IRL to this board. Were you here the last time she posted?