Prophet Nelson's Big Announcement

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_NorthboundZax
_Emeritus

Re: Prophet Nelson's Big Announcement

Post by _NorthboundZax »

churchistrue wrote:So some people are freaking out about people calling such mundane policy changes as "revelation". I think this is a good thing for the church, to move the church and members in a direction where revelation is not considered so grand.

http://www.churchistrue.com/blog/russel ... our-lives/

Get real. The church is practically built around having a prophet that talks to God. It is a major cornerstone of why the church is "true". Catholics, Hindus, or even The Church of Scientology can just as reasonably claim revelation with this lame definition. That people will call a mundane program reorganization a revelation just shows how starved members are for one.
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

Kishkumen wrote:Give me a break.

Seriously.
_kairos
_Emeritus

Post by _kairos »

I predict more personal information/gossip will be forwarded to the bishop by the monsters- i mean ministers , trying to kiss a## or just passing something juicy to the leaders-called deceitful spying since all these personal contacts are not confidential and that never stopped the HT's.

by the way in my wife wife's ward there is a mandate for the relief society prez to do 1:1 interviews of all women and the same for the EQ- juist "getting to know you,getting to know all about you, so i can rat you out to the ward council, my spouse and the bishop".

this is crazy!
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

And we thought GBH was the king of mainstreaming.

Mormons having 'Ministers' who would have thought?
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

I don't get why people think this is such a big deal and ground breaking changes and revelation from god. When I was an EQP back in 2010 we did this exact thing. It is just common sense. I combined Elders and HPs, and I assigned one man to three or four families and told them I didn't care how or when or with whom they did their work, but to please contact and make sure these folks were doing okay. There was no competition or separation of HT and VT, and as long as we had somebody assigned we didn't care, and I would often talk with the RSP to coordinate assignments We simply tried our best to take care of people.

Most of us just went with our wives or husbands, or even our kids, and did the job. Sometimes we just stopped by by ourselves without any type of "HT" companion. Who cares? No big deal, just make sure folks are okay and the hell with all the STUPID Pharisaical Mormon rules. At first I told the BP that we were not doing reports. The Stake people freaked out, so I told the quorums I didn't care how they contacted them, even if it was an email or a Facebook message, to count it as contact on the official reports on both VT and HT reports to just to get the Stake off my back.

Eventually they axed the whole thing because we weren't following the HT or VT rules and said I wasn't supportive of the prophetic approved church programs. Even though it was working pretty good...we weren't following the Pharisaical order of things which are so so important to the Mormon people. Our branch is no longer even open. It went from 40+ to crap pretty well overnight when they kicked me out.

Maybe Monson should have given me a call for advice on this? Maybe I should be the Mormon prophet? It's been obvious to me for at least a decade that the HT and VT programs don't work.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Dantana
_Emeritus

Post by _Dantana »

cwald wrote:I don't get why people think this is such a big deal and ground breaking changes and revelation from god. When I was an EQP back in 2010 we did this exact thing. It is just common sense. I combined Elders and HPs, and I assigned one man to three or four families and told them I didn't care how or when or with whom they did their work, but to please contact and make sure these folks were doing okay. There was no competition or separation of HT and VT, and as long as we had somebody assigned we didn't care, and I would often talk with the RSP to coordinate assignments We simply tried our best to take care of people.

Most of us just went with our wives or husbands, or even our kids, and did the job. Sometimes we just stopped by by ourselves without any type of "HT" companion. Who cares? No big deal, just make sure folks are okay and the hell with all the STUPID Pharisaical Mormon rules. At first I told the BP that we were not doing reports. The Stake people freaked out, so I told the quorums I didn't care how they contacted them, even if it was an email or a Facebook message, to count it as contact on the official reports on both VT and HT reports to just to get the Stake off my back.

Eventually they axed the whole thing because we weren't following the HT or VT rules and said I wasn't supportive of the prophetic approved church programs. Even though it was working pretty good...we weren't following the Pharisaical order of things which are so so important to the Mormon people. Our branch is no longer even open. It went from 40+ to ____ pretty well overnight when they kicked me out.

Maybe Monson should have given me a call for advice on this? Maybe I should be the Mormon prophet? It's been obvious to me for at least a decade that the HT and VT programs don't work.

So much control over so many by so few. Right now, it could be argued, Sean Hannity is setting world policy. I'm kinda curious as to who is actually running things in the deep state of Mormondom.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

cwald wrote:I don't get why people think this is such a big deal and ground breaking changes and revelation from god. When I was an EQP back in 2010 we did this exact thing. It is just common sense. I combined Elders and HPs, and I assigned one man to three or four families and told them I didn't care how or when or with whom they did their work, but to please contact and make sure these folks were doing okay. There was no competition or separation of HT and VT, and as long as we had somebody assigned we didn't care, and I would often talk with the RSP to coordinate assignments We simply tried our best to take care of people.

Eventually they axed the whole thing because we weren't following the HT or VT rules and said I wasn't supportive of the prophetic approved church programs. Even though it was working pretty good...we weren't following the Pharisaical order of things which are so so important to the Mormon people. Our branch is no longer even open. It went from 40+ to crap pretty well overnight when they kicked me out.

Wow, just wow. The cult is disgusting. It deserves whatever it gets. Don't even get me started!
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Water Dog wrote:Nelson seemed to be building things up in the morning session. I expect the unveiling will happen in the afternoon. I predict major change to home and visiting teaching.

it really was/is a non event. Just a reshuffling. Much ado about nothing.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Craig Paxton wrote:So let me get this straight. HT & VT were revealed through revelation and eliminated through revelation. So God does chance his mind.

Yes. :mrgreen: