MTC President Sexually Assaulted Sister Missionaries

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Re: MTC President Sexually Assaulted Sister Missionaries

Post by _consiglieri »

I just skimmed through the transcript.

I am concerned that Bishop is 85-years old and seems to be telling his interrogator at several points that he does not remember the room in the basement, or taking her to it, or any VCR there, or trying to rape her.

Regardless of whether this really happened, this recording does not appear to be a smoking gun.

It sounds on its face like a confused elderly man with bad health problems who did something with a grown woman when he was bishop in Florida involving a skimpy bathing suit, and maybe something on his mission in Argentina when he was looking at a girl on a swing, but I am not seeing a lot of real confessions to anything when he was MTC president.

Maybe I have missed it and somebody can point it out to me.

I do note he agrees that he would have this deal with his wife that she would flash her breasts to him when they were out at restaurants, but he complains elsewhere that she wouldn't give him any sex; two things that sound inconsistent to me.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

WOW. Reading through the transcript right now. This is blowing me away.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:WOW. Reading through the transcript right now. This is blowing me away.

- Doc

It's sweet and juicy! A Mormon hypocrite had his ass handed to him by this woman. Bishop is totally disgraced and all this wonderful shame is going to ruin his family and church relations. His whole legacy is totally devastated and the credibility of the church is further eroded.

All this is wonderful news!

And the other board (MAD), they love to defend molesters because they themselves are molesters! The MAD board is evil. They defend lies and cult practices because they are sick in the head. They love the spirit of a lie.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

How ironic!

:lol:

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Thus we see the Lord's missionary house was run by a molester!

:lol:

_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

It's ok guys. God has forgiven him he knows as he feels the spirit. That and he's had his calling and election made sure.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

SteelHead wrote:It's ok guys. God has forgiven him he knows as he feels the spirit. That and he's had his calling and election made sure.

Are you sure you meant "election?" :surprised:
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

It does appear that the lady asking the question is correct when she relates the police told her there is no statute of limitations on rape in Utah, which surprises me.

But it seems correct:

Code: Select all

76-1-301.  Offenses for which prosecution may be commenced at any time. 

(1) As used in this section: 
(a) "Aggravating offense" means any offense incident to which a homicide was committed as described in Subsection 76-5-202(1)(d) or (e) or Subsection 76-5-202(2).

(b) "Predicate offense" means an offense described in Section 76-5-203(1) if a person other than a party as defined in Section 76-2-202 was killed in the course of the commission, attempted commission, or immediate flight from the commission or attempted commission of the offense.

(2) [b]Notwithstanding any other provisions of this code, prosecution for the following offenses may be commenced at any time:  [/b]
(a) capital felony;

(b) aggravated murder;

(c) murder;

(d) manslaughter;

(e) child abuse homicide;

(f) aggravated kidnapping;

(g) child kidnapping;

(h) [b]rape; [/b]

(i) rape of a child;

(j) object rape;

(k) object rape of a child;

(l) forcible sodomy;

(m) sodomy on a child;

(n) sexual abuse of a child;

(o) aggravated sexual abuse of a child;

(p) aggravated sexual assault;

(q) any predicate offense to a murder or aggravating offense to an aggravated murder;

(r) aggravated human trafficking or aggravated human smuggling in violation of Section 76-5-310; or

(s) aggravated exploitation of prostitution involving a child, under Section 76-10-1306.

https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title76/Chapter1/76-1-S301.html

Of course, the fact she is correct about this does nothing to prove the allegations she is making against Bishop, who appears to deny any knowledge of what she is talking about throughout the two-and-a-half hour interrogation.

Again, I may be wrong about this, and am happy to be corrected.

But it seems that every time there were details about what happened being mentioned, they were mentioned by the interrogator, not by Bishop.

Bishop does appear to be confessing issues he felt he had with sexuality, but I don't see any admissions to sexually assaulting anybody at the MTC.

Again happy to be corrected if I overlooked it.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

To be clear, it is obvious this anonymous woman alleges Bishop attempted to rape her in a room in the basement of the MTC back in 1983 or 1984.

It also appears she confronted Bishop some time last year regarding her allegations.

I am not saying it did not happen.

All I am saying is it does not sound to me like Bishop is admitting, or confessing, that it happened.

Again, if I am wrong, I am happy to have it pointed out to me.

But it seems like much of the internet commentary on this is saying or assuming that Bishop did confess.

it is even part of the OP on this thread.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Consig,

Check out this thread on r/exmormon:

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... n_chamber/

I thought about Pulling a Peterson, a.k.a. PaP, and copy-pasting the content and passing it off as my own, but my conscience got the better of me.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.