The Church Is True!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_candygal
_Emeritus

The Church Is True!

Post by _candygal »

Just wanted you guys to wake up and smell the coffee...where is everybody?? What the hell..are you all in church?? :biggrin: Don't mind me ...celebrating yesterday's birthday that I didn't get to celebrate...Happy Paddy's Day...two margaritas down. :biggrin: But yes...the church is true.
_DrW
_Emeritus

Re: The Church Is True!

Post by _DrW »

candygal wrote:...where is everybody??

I wonder the same thing now and then - especially lately. One theory is that the LDS Church leadership has now so thoroughly discredited itself that fewer and fewer people feel it worthwhile to defend them - or the Church itself for that matter. And fewer people think it worth the time to discuss.

Erosion of trust in the Church and its leadership, like geologic erosion, is a slow and relentless process. Differences are seldom detectable on a day to day basis. Over time however, decades or less, one sees how badly the Church has been managed - how prophecy after prophecy, and initiative after initiative, simply fail because of a lack of understanding and an unwillingness to leave outmoded and detrimental fundamentalism behind.

Where is everybody??

Most of us probably have better things to do nowadays. I fear the LDS Church cannot be salvaged and, like its fellow traveler Scientology, is destined to become a real estate asset holding company for the benefit of the few and an bad joke for the rest of us.
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

Thank you Dr.W..I was looking for a way to delete my post as I realized I had kind of embarrassed myself a bit. You are right though..so many disaffected and ex Mormons are just tired of defended something that is really not relevant..and in many cases..just no longer there. I envy them..thanks..
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

candygal wrote:Thank you Dr.W..I was looking for a way to delete my post as I realized I had kind of embarrassed myself a bit. You are right though..so many disaffected and ex Mormons are just tired of defended something that is really not relevant..and in many cases..just no longer there. I envy them..thanks..

I have wondered the same thing. Another anecdote, I was part of some other religious discussion forums, one non-denominational, the other for LDS Moms. Both have become almost silent, with the exception of little bubbles rising to the surface now and then. I think that many people are just becoming less religious, especially those who are willing to talk about it with strangers on the internet.
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

DrW wrote:Where is everybody??

Most of us probably have better things to do nowadays. I fear the LDS Church cannot be salvaged and, like its fellow traveler Scientology, is destined to become a real estate asset holding company for the benefit of the few and an bad joke for the rest of us.

So true, where is everyone? So true, I have better things to do. So true, Mormonism is a dead corporation and this board is dying too and has become a bi-polar political discussion board. I have lost interest except for the very few and far between scientific discussions but they too tend to turn into bi-polar political rants. Not the same board I remember in years past.

I have better things to do.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I'm afraid that modern science and the Internet are too much for the LDS church and its ugliness and false claims have been exposed before the whole world. How would you like to defend the Book of Abraham and the claims made by Joseph Smith concerning it? It's a ship taking water and will go under soon enough as the members realize there is nothing that can save the Book of Abraham. Not even faith. There is no revelation or vision that can save the Book of Abraham. It's DEAD ON ARRIVAL.

The ugliness and false façade of Mormonism is on display before the whole world and before too long will be nothing but a museum piece for the whole world to laugh at. As of now, the church is stuck having to pay for the upkeep of expensive temples and continue to assume liabilities and expenses that will continuously put a hardship on church finances as they see donations drop and erode. Eventually the church will be forced to sell off assets and will morph into a new aged Mormon church having a whole new concept and approach. But the numbers will be drastically reduced and it will be a much smaller cult than it is today.
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

Thank you for your responses..I think I feel a lonesome feeling because my board friends are pretty much all I have other than those friends at work. On the other boards..(not MD&D)..I find that I have past where they are at..and though I empathize..I am not as patient with the newbies who are just breaking those shelves. I feel for them..I do..but thank you guys for your patience and hopefully no matter how far or wide Mormonism seems to evolve in all sameness and its unique way of changing..we can all meet here.

Hugs..
_DrW
_Emeritus

Post by _DrW »

candygal wrote:Thank you for your responses..I think I feel a lonesome feeling because my board friends are pretty much all I have other than those friends at work. On the other boards..(not MD&D)..I find that I have past where they are at..and though I empathize..I am not as patient with the newbies who are just breaking those shelves. I feel for them..I do..but thank you guys for your patience and hopefully no matter how far or wide Mormonism seems to evolve in all sameness and its unique way of changing..we can all meet here.

Not to worry. Seems as though whenever things around here get slow, there appears another example of blatant plagiarism by DCP, another laughably delusional claim by a silly self-appointed apologist, or something like this; MTC President Sexually Assaulted Sister Missionaries, comes along to once again remind us that Mormonism is failing miserably those it claims to serve.

So, where is everybody now?

Reading this transcript, or listening to the audio, in shocked disbelief.

#timesup
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

DrW wrote:
candygal wrote:Thank you for your responses..I think I feel a lonesome feeling because my board friends are pretty much all I have other than those friends at work. On the other boards..(not MD&D)..I find that I have past where they are at..and though I empathize..I am not as patient with the newbies who are just breaking those shelves. I feel for them..I do..but thank you guys for your patience and hopefully no matter how far or wide Mormonism seems to evolve in all sameness and its unique way of changing..we can all meet here.

Not to worry. Seems as though whenever things around here get slow, there appears another example of blatant plagiarism by DCP, another laughably delusional claim by a silly self-appointed apologist, or something like this; MTC President Sexually Assaulted Sister Missionaries, comes along to once again remind us that Mormonism is failing miserably those it claims to serve.

So, where is everybody now? :lol: OMG...we are everywhere now!!

Reading this transcript, or listening to the audio, in shocked disbelief.

#timesup
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Hi candygal,

You forgot to add your commentary to the post by DrW that you quoted.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley