Book of Mormon lands discovered...under Gulf Of Mexico

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Book of Mormon lands discovered...under Gulf Of Mexico

Post by _I have a question »

Today the news articles are reporting that an ancient burial site was discovered beneath the Gulf of Mexico. I really had no idea. I was mocked for my Gulf of Mexico Flood theory, but literally 24 hours later a significant discovery was announced and reported. I don't know if it was inspiration, but I am so glad I now have some evidence for my prediction. My theory is that most Book of Mormon cities are hidden somewhere deep in the gulf of Mexico.
...said ‘Samuel The Lamanite’
http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/702 ... iscovered/

This^ thread is worth a read, especially if you have popcorn handy...it’s a doozy.

A Native American burial site hidden for 7,000 years beneath the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Florida has been unearthed in what archaeologists are calling an "unprecedented" discovery.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/02/ ... orida.html
You’ll read in the thread that the ‘7,000 years old’ problem is gotten around by simply dismissing the accuracy of the dating with a wave of the hands and a statement that ‘belief trumps science’.

Interestingly, within the site they have found a wooden stake with a notch in it. That’s interesting because the apologetic for the non discovery thus far of Book of Mormon steel swords is that they were actually wooden and have therefore biodegraded away into nothing.

"As important as the site is archaeologically, it is crucial that the site and the people buried there are treated with the utmost sensitivity and respect," said Dr. Timothy Parsons, the director of Florida's Division of Historical Resources. "The people buried at the site are the ancestors of America’s living indigenous people. Sites like this have cultural and religious significance in the present day."
Surely they mean the ‘literal’ ancestors, or the ‘principal’ ancestors, or simply ‘among’ the ancestors....
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Book of Mormon lands discovered...under Gulf Of Mexico

Post by _moksha »

I remember suggesting some time ago that the five blocks long, limited geography Nephite nation fell into the sea when the Earth shook with violence at the end of the Second Age.

Even though this theory was described as being "salty and all wet", it may still hold some water under the guidance of Samuel the Lamanite.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

moksha wrote:I remember suggesting some time ago that the five blocks long, limited geography Nephite nation fell into the sea when the Earth shook with violence at the end of the Second Age.

Even though this theory was described as being "salty and all wet", it may still hold some water under the guidance of Samuel the Lamanite.

:lol:
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Post by _sunstoned »

I have been banned from a thread started by SamTheLam because I accused him of being either a 12 year old or a anti-mormon troll.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

More likely Pre-Flood people.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

sunstoned wrote:I have been banned from a thread started by SamTheLam because I accused him of being either a 12 year old or a anti-mormon troll.

I think he is a troll and a lousy, superficial one at that.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

sunstoned wrote:I have been banned from a thread started by SamTheLam because I accused him of being either a 12 year old or an anti-mormon troll.

Such accusations used to be standard operating procedure at the MAD forum. It seems good if the current moderators are putting a halt to such ad hominems. Hope they are also discouraging the apologetic tactic of issuing a call for references just to be disruptive. There have been many well-meaning Mormons putting forth absurd theories, but that is their prerogative. In a world where so much is correlated, it adds some zest to life when off-kilter ideas are discussed.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Simon Southerton
_Emeritus

Post by _Simon Southerton »

Some links within the article.

MAJOR BIBLICAL DISCOVERY: ARCHAEOLOGISTS MAY HAVE FOUND THE PROPHET ISAIAH'S 'SIGNATURE'

DISCOVERY OF GIANT HAND AXES SUGGEST A PREHISTORIC 'GAME OF THRONES' SCENARIO IN ANCIENT EUROPE.

Fox News + scientific research = apologist fodder
LDS apologetics --> "It's not the crime, it's the cover-up, which creates the scandal."
"Bigfoot is a crucial part of the ecosystem, if he exists. So let's all help keep Bigfoot possibly alive for future generations to enjoy, unless he doesn't exist." - Futurama