Quentin Crook talks religious freedoms....

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Re: Quentin Crook talks religious freedoms....

Post by _huckelberry »

I have zero knowledge of Mr Cooks personal aims. I am inclined to wonder if protecting religious freedom may mean church privacy of financing and church freedom from taxation on profits.

This thought may have been encouraged by the tread started on church finances.
_mocnarf
_Emeritus

Post by _mocnarf »

I would prefer to keep Theology out of the courts. Bad things will happen when you don't. Case in point. Federal judge has ruled that it is OK to beat your wife.

http://omgtruefacts.net/muslim-federal-judge-rules-two-items-of-sharia-law-legal/

Don't know if this only applies to Muslim's who beat their wives or if it also applies to non-muslims that beat their wives.

Hey, you lawyer types, can answer that for me.
Aim at at nothing and you're sure to hit it.
_Xenophon
_Emeritus

Post by _Xenophon »

mocnarf wrote:I would prefer to keep Theology out of the courts. Bad things will happen when you don't. Case in point. Federal judge has ruled that it is OK to beat your wife.

http://omgtruefacts.net/muslim-federal-judge-rules-two-items-of-sharia-law-legal/

Don't know if this only applies to Muslim's who beat their wives or if it also applies to non-muslims that beat their wives.

Hey, you lawyer types, can answer that for me.

Yeah, no... that didn't happen.
After a quick inspection of the web site’s own “About” page, the fictional content should be no surprise. It reveals that AsAmericanAsApplePie.org is not a reliable source of information — in fact, if one scrolls down far enough it is finally apparent that the page labels itself as satire:
When no one can trust the lying fake news liberal media anymore because they hate us and guns and Harley Davidson and meat and OUR president, As American as Apple Pie is here to be your beacon of something you can kinda rely on sometimes but not really.
The image the site uses to represent Judge Mahal al Alallaha-Smith is stolen from a CNN report about a real person — Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Halim Dhanidina. Court spokeswoman Mary Hearn pointed out that Dhanidina is not a federal judge, but rather a sitting judge for the Los Angeles Superior Court, which is “a trial court for the state of California… California trial courts hear state matters, not federal.”
"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens