Anyone else find this creepy?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Anyone else find this creepy?

Post by _Maksutov »

Heh heh
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Re: Anyone else find this creepy?

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Paracelsus
_Emeritus

Post by _Paracelsus »

Save 10%; only $29.69... (link to an NSFW pic)
Posted to all believers.

Pay that 10% to elsewhere.
I know of nothing poorer
Under the sun, than you, you Gods!
Should I honour you? Why?

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe : Prometheus
_deacon blues
_Emeritus

Post by _deacon blues »

I got that book for Christmas. One of the benefits of being a Heathen in a TBM family.
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

I honestly don't know, even considering all the goofballs who have run the show, that there has been a more brazen self-promoting prophet.

The leading each along their path was always Jesus' role not some prophet dude's.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Eyring has a PhD in organizational manipulation. So, he seems like the best candidate to manipulate the Mormons to continue to pay and obey (he doesn't really care about prayer as long as the other two are met. If prayer to oneself works to keep the money flowing and obedience to their groupthink, then all the better)
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

It looks like Henry J. Eyring (his son?) got dibbs on writing a biography of his father, but he needed a lot of help from an actual . . . I don't know . . . writer.

I am surmising this from the two names listed as authors and the fact that Henry J. Eyring's name is second.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

deacon blues wrote:I got that book for Christmas. One of the benefits of being a Heathen in a TBM family.

I am wondering if the mass exodus of members from the church has the salubrious effect of increasing sales of GA books.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.