Saudi Archaeology Proves Book of Mormon True

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Saudi Archaeology Proves Book of Mormon True

Post by _moksha »

The Altar donated to the Temple of the Queen of Sheba by Bi‘athtar, son of Sawad, son of Naw‘an, the Nihmite, reads as follows (if you place a seer stone on the Altar and cover your face with your hat), "I Bi'athtar certify that this is the place where Lehi and the Nephites stopped on their journey to the Americas. May they bless us with a reference in their Book of Mormon. PS. Any future translator should feel free to spell this location as Nahom".

Bet all you chronic naysayers feel pretty sheepish now. Just wait for this to appear in Sic et Non and you will know you have been thoroughly trounced by the shining apologetics.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Re: Saudi Archaeology Proves Book of Mormon True

Post by _I have a question »

Is there a....well...you know....thingy majig....Link?

(Or are we in full spoof mode?)
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

That's at least one Nahom reference two days straight for you, Moksha. I'm eager to see how long this streak will go.
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

Why isn't it written in Egyptian?

Ya'know - they should be using Egyptian since later it was 'reformed Egyptian'.
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

moksha wrote:

The Altar donated to the Temple of the Queen of Sheba by Bi‘athtar, son of Sawad, son of Naw‘an, the Nihmite, reads as follows (if you place a seer stone on the Altar and cover your face with your hat), "I Bi'athtar certify that this is the place where Lehi and the Nephites stopped on their journey to the Americas. May they bless us with a reference in their Book of Mormon. PS. Any future translator should feel free to spell this location as Nahom".

Bet all you chronic naysayers feel pretty sheepish now. Just wait for this to appear in Sic et Non and you will know you have been thoroughly trounced by the shining apologetics.

You forgot to translate it using Hebrew chiasmus... this is true only so far as it is translated correctly...
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

SuperDell wrote:Why isn't it written in Egyptian?

Ya'know - they should be using Egyptian since later it was 'reformed Egyptian'.

I think Reformed Egyptian was the preferred written language for the fugitives wanted in connection with the beheading and armed robbery in Jerusalem. Those Nihmites, who noted the passage of those fugitives with this stone altar, had their own system of writing.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace