Mormons try to proxy baptise even more Jews...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Re: Mormons try to proxy baptise even more Jews...

Post by _Dr Exiled »

There are only so many records so the church has to keep expanding what is allowed for submission.

The last person I went through for was simply Jose from Peru, born 1575, which I thought was made up.

The idea was always to get the members to repeat the loyalty oaths over and over. The names are only incidental to this.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

Exiled wrote:Why the Mormon prophet just doesn't do the proxy work in one star-spangled church newsroom extravaganza for all who have died and will die is beyond me. This would solve the "problem" generated by the Mormon myth where temples would supposedly have to be running day and night in the millennium to get the work done. It would also save the church from the embarrassment of doing the work for holocaust victims or hitler. Just shows how temple work is really about getting the members to repeat their loyalty oaths over and over again ..... maybe until they turn into church zombies?
And keep the tithes flowing because you cannot get a all day pass to the international house of handshakes without being a full tithe payer.

I like this theme! Caption:

The Baptizing Dead
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Exiled wrote:There are only so many records so the church has to keep expanding what is allowed for submission.

The last person I went through for was simply Jose from Peru, born 1575, which I thought was made up.

The idea was always to get the members to repeat the loyalty oaths over and over. The names are only incidental to this.

I completely agree, see my signature line.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Exiled wrote:The idea was always to get the members to repeat the loyalty oaths over and over. The names are only incidental to this.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

And the dead don't ask questions, especially questions you can't answer.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Maksutov wrote:
Exiled wrote:The idea was always to get the members to repeat the loyalty oaths over and over. The names are only incidental to this.

Questions such as, "I'm your cousin? Are you sure? What do you mean 9th cousin, twice removed? Removed from what? .....You want me to accept WHAT?!?"

And of course the quintessential "you DO know I'm JEWISH, right?"
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Lemmie wrote:
Maksutov wrote:

Questions such as, "I'm your cousin? Are you sure? What do you mean 9th cousin, twice removed? Removed from what? .....You want me to accept WHAT?!?"

And of course the quintessential "you DO know I'm JEWISH, right?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Imagine that you're trying to sell a product that only dead people will buy. :lol: :lol: :lol: We need to turn SNL or Monty Python loose on it. Mr. Deity, are you reading this?
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Exiled wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No wonder I avoid those people like the plague.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist