A&E Special Tonight "Warren Jeffs:Prophet of Evil

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

A&E Special Tonight "Warren Jeffs:Prophet of Evil

Post by _Fence Sitter »

For anyone interested, tonight on A&E @ 9:00 PM Eastern Time is a special on Warren Jeffs.

http://www.aetv.com/specials/warren-jeffs-prophet-of-evil

Looks interesting.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_cwald
_Emeritus

Re: A&E Special Tonight "Warren Jeffs:Prophet of Evil

Post by _cwald »

Watching it now.

Makes me sick,
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Jeff's is pretty creepy.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

I watched the first hour of this last night and OMG is Jeffs creepy. I have read a few books about him and even seen a few TV programs where he was shown, but the thought that people can actually listen to him and think that this is God's prophet is really scary.