Mormon Missionaries threaten my life on two occasions

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_toon
_Emeritus

Re: Mormon Missionaries threaten my life on two occasions

Post by _toon »

moksha wrote:We could tell from their black nametags that these were no ordinary street thugs. Mommy and I were sitting on the veranda at Rancho del Cielo when they approached. Mommy was about to ring for security when I told her to wait. I had faced down many rough hombres when I was filming Death Valley Days. These seemed more like young punks careening from door to door in search of their next thrill. I would put them in their place.

They had no visible weapons, but they could be packing a small arsenal in those backpacks. Of course, they could also be into melee weapons since they carried black helmets. As long as they didn't spot my 10 mm Bonzomatic taped under the table, I could easily get the drop on them. That fast gun training at Warner Bros. would finally pay off.

When they got close enough I said, "Hold it right there young fellows". They stopped and introduced themselves. The names they gave both seemed phony. What is the likelihood the Holtzwenger and Tierney families would both name their children Elder? Mommy spoke up and asked them to state their business. She still had her finger on the button for security.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JacoaohBg4
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

By chance, are you related to the poster Nightlion?

After all, Mittens is a common name for a cat..
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_Eyepatch
_Emeritus

Post by _Eyepatch »

I vote, Darrick Evenson...at least, I think that's how you spell his name. This post has a certain ring to it.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Denis Diderot
_Chuck Finley
_Emeritus

Post by _Chuck Finley »

Fence Sitter wrote:At a minimum we could agree there is no way to tell if what you say is true or just made up.

If I quote this statement after every anecdote posted on this site, will you then realize how ridiculous it is? Most stories here are not verifiable, so I guess people should just stop *sharing* them altogether? Or do you just have beef with a specific poster that led to a slip?

Edit for Typo
Last edited by Guest on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud to be the first of the "February Four" expelled from the Ceebooist branch of NeverMormonism.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

Sounds like a bunch of hyperbole by both sides. **Yawn**
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

Eyepatch wrote:I vote, Darrick Evenson...at least, I think that's how you spell his name. This post has a certain ring to it.

Looks like Darrick Evenson is now doing YouTube videos in which he is interviewed about how it was he couldn't get any Mormon girls to like him.

It is called, "Mormon Sex Scandals & Cover-Ups."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJSZo4Co0oA

I confess to not having to listened to all two hours and 47 minutes of it.

But apparently there was a sex scandal cover-up in the Bellevue, Washington 8th ward of which Darrick has personal knowledge . . .
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Chuck Finley wrote:
Fence Sitter wrote:At a minimum we could agree there is no way to tell if what you say is true or just made up.

If I quote this statement after every anecdote posted on this site, will you then realize how ridiculous it is? Most stories here are not verifiable, so I guess people should just stop *sharing* them altogether? Or do you just have beef with a specific poster that led to a slip?

Edit for Typo

In no way do I mean to imply people should stop sharing personal experiences. This particular poster has an agenda against Mormons in general so I take with a grain of salt any experience he relates like this one. I am just letting him know that even those of us who no longer believe in Mormonism find his story suspect and hard to believe.

I doubt he much cares, as he has shown little regard for feedback in the past.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."