You don't need Jesus

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: You don't need Jesus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

huckelberry wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:No, actually, we're sewing this week.

;-)

Hi, Jersey Girl, I am going to ask because I am a little unsure how to take your comment. I will be real literal. I understand that people may find a variety of ways of contemplation to be spiritually helpful. I do not wish to be negative about sewing with Jesus. I imagine it might work out better than some church services.

It was intended as sarcasm, huck.

For the subject of this thread I do think it is possible to be happy and forgiveyourself without Jesus. I do not know of any human action which cannot be done without Jesus. I do think he helps people look beyond themselves in their perception of the meaning of their lives.

As DoctorCam has pointed out above it is easier to forgiveoneself than to be forgiven by those you have hurt.

I agree with your above except for it being easier to forgive onself than to be forgiven by those you have hurt. I'd say it's less likely that those you've hurt would forgive you. I think that would be conditional on the nature of hurt, the nature of the relationships, and the psychological/emotional make up of the people involved.

Perhaps that's what you meant by "easier"?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Jesus - John 15,5,6 NLT wrote:Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned.

You got to be kidding me, Jesus, you freak. I don't need you. I can do all things by myself and be HAPPY doing it. You can't hurt me, Jesus. You aren't real. I will not be burnt or threatened by you. You are nothing but an imaginary bully.

I rebuke this evil Christian doctrine!
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

Jesus - John 15,5,6 NLT wrote:Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned.

Wonder if this is the passage Philander Knox Smartt III the Puerto Rico Mission President used to get in the panties of the Commodity Missionaries
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

So, you think you need Jesus?

Please explain briefly in two or three paragraphs why you think you need Jesus.

Thank you.