You don't need Jesus

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: You don't need Jesus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

moksha wrote:If you were Hungarian, . . .

Oh, no. You said the "H" word.

3. . . 2. . . 1. . .
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_JLHPROF
_Emeritus

Post by _JLHPROF »

Shulem wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:A hypocrite is a person who advocates one thing but does the exact opposite. I don't see how or where your actions haven't aligned with your beliefs, so I'll be interested in hearing Jersey Girl's explanation how and why.

I agree. I'm seriously interested in what she has to say.

You don't think I'm a hypocrite, do you?

I don't think you are a hypocrite because you don't misrepresent your views. But what Jersey Girl is clearly referring to is when you make statements like "all you need is love" and then proceed to attempt to eviscerate those who have faith or belief in Christ.

You are completely consistent in your statements concerning religion, not hypocritical at all. But your statements about having love and being a good person are not seen in any of your posts concerning believers. We can all see your hatred of religion, especially Christianity. Where is your love of the Christian believer? Or the believing Mormon? Perhaps claiming that all you need is love is a bit hypocritical after all.
Thy mind, O man! if thou wilt lead a soul unto salvation, must stretch as high as the utmost heavens, and search into and contemplate the darkest abyss, and the broad expanse of eternity—thou must commune with God. - Joseph Smith
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr. Shades wrote:
moksha wrote:If you were Hungarian, . . .

Oh, no. You said the "H" word.

3. . . 2. . . 1. . .

He already walks among us. Those whose hearts are pure of rosszindulat will see unto our minds his nsfw pics.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

JLHPROF wrote:I don't think you are a hypocrite because you don't misrepresent your views. But what Jersey Girl is clearly referring to is when you make statements like "all you need is love" and then proceed to attempt to eviscerate those who have faith or belief in Christ.

You are completely consistent in your statements concerning religion, not hypocritical at all. But your statements about having love and being a good person are not seen in any of your posts concerning believers. We can all see your hatred of religion, especially Christianity. Where is your love of the Christian believer? Or the believing Mormon? Perhaps claiming that all you need is love is a bit hypocritical after all.

All you need is love, real love that can be shared with yourself and other real people. Jesus is an imaginary person. You can't love an imaginary person except in your imagination. Loving real people is completely different. Love is action and love is expressed between living, real, people.

You don't need religion to have love. You don't need Jehovah and his animal sacrifices to be loved and be loved. You don't need blood rituals made up by Moses to captivate and subjugate. You don't need the blood of a Jew to forgive and to forgive others. You don't need a crucifixion and blood sacrifice to be forgiven. Religion is not the foundation of love nor is the fantasy god of the Bible. Love is love and is shown without religion, without Jehovah, without Christ, and without all the rules made up by churches.

All you need is love.

_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Shulem wrote:
JLHPROF wrote:I don't think you are a hypocrite because you don't misrepresent your views. But what Jersey Girl is clearly referring to is when you make statements like "all you need is love" and then proceed to attempt to eviscerate those who have faith or belief in Christ.

All you need is love, real love that can be shared with yourself and other real people. Jesus is an imaginary person. You can't love an imaginary person except in your imagination. Loving real people is completely different. Love is action and love is expressed between living, real, people.

You don't need religion to have love. You don't need Jehovah and his animal sacrifices to be loved and be loved. You don't need blood rituals made up by Moses to captivate and subjugate. You don't need the blood of a Jew to forgive and to forgive others. You don't need a crucifixion and blood sacrifice to be forgiven. Religion is not the foundation of love nor is the fantasy god of the Bible. Love is love and is shown without religion, without Jehovah, without Christ, and without all the rules made up by churches.

All you need is love.

You responded to exactly none of his assertions with your misdirected pile of a post above.

Enjoy your monologue.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Here is JLHPROF's post again. In it he offers assertions and poses questions to you. You responded to exactly none of them.

Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Shulem wrote: I'm seriously interested in what she has to say.

That's not true. That's a lie. You're interested in spouting.

So spout.
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chinese Proverb
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Shulem, try thinking about it this way. From time to time, I've heard Christians use this phrase with reference to gay folks: I love the sinner but hate the sin. Do you think it's possible to love you but hate your homosexuality? Or is your homosexuality such an integral part of who you are that it's not possible to hate one and love the other?

Now, we all know that religious belief is more changeable than sexual orientation. But does that really matter? Could we not also say that Jersey Girl's religious faith is such an integral part of her that it is impossible to love one and hate the other? And if that's true, might it not be hypocritical to say that love is all one needs and to express hate for Jersey Girl's faith at the same time?
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Jersey Girl wrote:You responded to exactly none of his assertions with your misdirected pile of a post above.

Enjoy your monologue.

I said exactly what I felt inspired to say. I did not feel a need to respond to every facet of his argument but to state what I consider to be the core foundation to every good thing which is love.

This thread is simple. I don't need Jesus and neither do you. I'm a missionary in reverse testifying to others that the love of Jesus is not necessary for happiness and well being. The blood of Jesus is not necessary to forgive and be forgiven. The myth and dogma of religion and all the garbage it produced is outdated Dark Aged nonsense.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Jersey Girl wrote:Here is JLHPROF's post again. In it he offers assertions and poses questions to you. You responded to exactly none of them.

You might say I returned the favor. How many assertions have I made and questions posed in this thread and he has not responded to them?!

JLHPROF is a coward and has failed to render any kind of intelligent response to what I've said. If you can't see that, you're blind, or rather, you're a raving Christian that is mad because I've rattled you.

Yes, I've rattled you. You don't need Jesus Christ, Jersey Girl!

You don't!