Evolve This Morons (with video and extra tardigrade video)

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: Evolve This Morons

Post by _Maksutov »

DrW wrote:Your OP title indicates that you consider anyone who posts or reads here (except you of course) to be a moron. You would be much better off spending time reading about science, as opposed to insulting those have made the effort to understand it as you do not (and likely never will).

Talking to NL is like arguing with a Flat Earther. They're invested in their ignorance.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

DrW wrote:
Nightlion wrote:Yeah. And how about that other one you found where the cute micro-organism with four or six legs swims through the algea? That one is no simulation.

Regardless if a protein can cause stuff to move it proves intelligence at the molecular level. How can that evolve?

It's called chemistry, and it is only interpreted as 'intelligence at the molecular level' by folks (mainly creationists) who don't know better.

The thermodynamics and underlying electrochemical forces that drive the reactions resulting in the motion depicted in your two videos operate according to the laws of physics. Your lack or understanding does not constitute a valid argument against the scientific interpretation of these observations.

Your OP title indicates that you consider anyone who posts or reads here (except you of course) to be a moron. You would be much better off spending time reading about science, as opposed to insulting those have made the effort to understand it as you do not (and likely never will).

When the bottom line is telling me I am stupid out of hand by so called science preeminence its just how Mormons content themselves that regardless of conflicting ideas they must be right.

To sum up that its chemicals obeying laws of physics is like saying the earth IS flat by fiat. Saying so explains nothing. You do not comprehend all that causes a chemical to do what it does. And it is not just chemicals in a cell. A chemical is a base compound. It is not an organization of complexity like a cell. Sounds to me like you are just spouting crap like a Mormon saying that the 'gospel' is this and that when they are utterly clueless about what the gospel is.

When DNA divides and duplicates precisely and no two DNA of separate beings are identical, that perfection is not mere thermodynamics or electrochemical thinking because they do not think. Like you say they do what the must and so that leaves the door open to actual intelligence in all things and round about all things and the life of all things and how they live move and have a being.

I have discovered God moving in his majesty and power and how even God is inside you continually in your blood and cells and neurons and synapses. No more will you allow your mind to be blown than the thousands of Mormons I have confounded over the years. It could be called the power of positive thinking I suppose. Or abject fear.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_DrW
_Emeritus

Post by _DrW »

Nightlion wrote:
DrW wrote:It's called chemistry, and it is only interpreted as 'intelligence at the molecular level' by folks (mainly creationists) who don't know better.

The thermodynamics and underlying electrochemical forces that drive the reactions resulting in the motion depicted in your two videos operate according to the laws of physics. Your lack or understanding does not constitute a valid argument against the scientific interpretation of these observations.

Your OP title indicates that you consider anyone who posts or reads here (except you of course) to be a moron. You would be much better off spending time reading about science, as opposed to insulting those have made the effort to understand it as you do not (and likely never will).

When the bottom line is telling me I am stupid out of hand by so called science preeminence its just how Mormons content themselves that regardless of conflicting ideas they must be right.

To sum up that its chemicals obeying laws of physics is like saying the earth IS flat by fiat. Saying so explains nothing. You do not comprehend all that causes a chemical to do what it does. And it is not just chemicals in a cell. A chemical is a base compound. It is not an organization of complexity like a cell. Sounds to me like you are just spouting crap like a Mormon saying that the 'gospel' is this and that when they are utterly clueless about what the gospel is.

When DNA divides and duplicates precisely and no two DNA of separate beings are identical, that perfection is not mere thermodynamics or electrochemical thinking because they do not think. Like you say they do what the must and so that leaves the door open to actual intelligence in all things and round about all things and the life of all things and how they live move and have a being.

I have discovered God moving in his majesty and power and how even God is inside you continually in your blood and cells and neurons and synapses. No more will you allow your mind to be blown than the thousands of Mormons I have confounded over the years. It could be called the power of positive thinking I suppose. Or abject fear.

If you wish to live in your fantasy world in which you are a great prophet that uses a local pile of dirt and rock as an oracle, have at it. It's your life.

However, your habit of insulting others by calling them morons or claiming that they are "spouting crap" is wearing a bit thin - no, extremely thin.

You are claiming that you know more than pretty much the entire mainstream science community that I and others on this board represent - and who you refer to as morons.

Your contributions to the board do rise to the level of entertainment now and then. But you really need to tone it down a bit when it comes to insulting others and denigrating science and the scientific community. Science and technology have given you the computer and the internet that allow you to promulgate your nonsense, and pretty much every other device you depend on now in your life.

Your imaginary god has given the world nothing, you know, because he is imaginary. If you wish to defend your imaginary god, why don't you see if you can come up with a single objective observation, process, or outcome that cannot be better accounted for by valid scientific laws and theories than by supernatural woo woo.

And please stop insulting the rest of us. It is unbecoming to even the greatest of prophets.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: Evolve This Morons (with video and extra tardigrade vide

Post by _Maksutov »

This is why I put NL on ignore and will leave him there. I refuse to read his actual posts because ignorant rants and insults are all they ever are.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Maksutov wrote:This is why I put Nightlion on ignore and will leave him there. I refuse to read his actual posts because ignorant rants and insults are all they ever are.

Meh. He's MDB's homeless man muttering to himself as you pass him on the sidewalk. Sometimes it's fun to engage them, but at the end of the day he's just a dude who sees faces in puddles.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:He's MormonDiscussions.com's homeless man muttering to himself as you pass him on the sidewalk.
- Doc

Ha! He is a prophet and king of sorts.

Powerful enough to claim the Iron Throne
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

OOO you talk about being weary. I deny LDS apostles their authority just like I deny you what you claim trumps God.

I have proven God over and over again. You science freaks are supposed to be good at observation.
This last bit of discovering God is the power of our cell works has slivered into your minds. Resist the madness and give in the the joy of knowing how thoroughly loved you are as he enables you to keep ticking while you give him a beating and want everyone to be ashamed of what it is that keeps life alive. It is the light of truth that fills the immensity of space. But not in our observable universe. It is here all around us and in us and the power by which we live, move and have a being. It is on the same order as our consciousness. We are bodies that presently have a bit of Light and Truth intelligence trapped (that be us, that little speck of independent light and truth that we are) and manifested as observable but unfathomable. Nobody had a clue what consciousness is.

Okay so technically none of you are morons. But what then? The Deniers who imagine that they brighten as they dim anything that might be more brilliant than they? (I do not mean ME but I do mean God.)

It is not just in my imagination or fantasy. I have been the only brilliance in Mormonism for 48 years. And what do the Mormons do? They deny it and pretend I do not exist. And pretend further than all that I have taught about the commanded gospel of Jesus Christ and been given to work miracles, and fasted over forty days, and corrected LDS juvenile doctrine making it square solidly with all LDS scripture, and having been given to unfold the very Art of God prophesied by two Old Testament prophets to come forth in the last days that PROVES God is true and who are his prophets, me being one of them as I am recognized on the Apocalrock, all this you and they act like it is nothing and of no account. To deny me is no biggie compared to the denial of God.

I used to get laughed at in a BYU married students Elder's Quorum. They hated me that hysterically. Their wives would taunt their husbands suggesting that James makes them all look like chumps in their eyes. So they twice sought to kill me. Provoked by their wives.

I would not be here if there was a more suitable foil to play to the world. I fish for one soul to someday come along and see the bait and admit it is delicious and very desirable. That's why I put the same thing up over and over again. I be fishing. Like I told Philo last week: I forsook the world bud. SO you got no weight with me. Anyone NOT willing to forsake the world gets nothing more from God. That is the test of this world.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE