Hot beverages used to entice investigators at Olympics.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Re: Hot beverages used to entice investigators at Olympics.

Post by _Markk »

I have a question wrote:
Markk wrote:Do you think it is a coincidence that they chose to use the word "warm" in lieu of "Hot."

Deseret News use the word “hot” in relation to beverages. Not sure where you are seeing “warm” used in lieu of “hot”.

In the title in very large font.

"Warm beverages and smiles welcome all to LDS Helping Hands Center"
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Markk wrote:In the title in very large font.

Oh yeah!!

How bizarre, they daren’t use “hot” in the headline. Brilliant. And also unbelievable.
Good catch.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

I have a question wrote:
Markk wrote:In the title in very large font.

Oh yeah!!

How bizarre, they daren’t use “hot” in the headline. Brilliant. And also unbelievable.
Good catch.

To be fair, it is winter so they can serve meat.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

Markk wrote: To be fair, it is winter so they can serve meat.

Even dog meat?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/amp/ ... us-n847091
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

I was in TJ one time and we had some street tacos that were really strange tasting, they had to have been cat or dog meat...still makes me cringe.

But somewhere there is a Indian, or SDA cringing at us eating a cow's leg...go figure?
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

Markk wrote:

I was in TJ one time and we had some street tacos that were really strange tasting, they had to have been cat or dog meat...still makes me cringe.

But somewhere there is a Indian, or SDA cringing at us eating a cow's leg...go figure?

Years ago I had a restaurant owner relate a story of an Indian couple that complimented him on the food and they asked how they made the chicken taste so good. They had ordered chicken fried steak.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

Or they can serve mulled wine: viewtopic.php?p=1111515#p1111515 !
Last edited by Guest on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Another similar hot beverage miracle in Korea...

https://news.starbucks.com/press-releas ... outh-korea

Seoul, KOREA; Jan. 10, 2018 – Starbucks Coffee Korea Co., a 50/50 joint venture between Starbucks Coffee International, Inc. and Shinsegae Group, celebrated the opening of Korea’s largest Starbucks store in Central Seoul near Jonggak Station in December 2017. Located in Jongro Tower, with more than 900 residents, the store sits between two of the Tower’s floors covering over 1,000 square meters (11,000 square feet). Jonggak Station serves as a gathering place for all generations of Koreans to shop, dine, work and play in a location where history and tradition of Korean culture merge with modern city amenities.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')