Request for Radio Free Mormon

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shinster
_Emeritus

Request for Radio Free Mormon

Post by _Shinster »

_Stem
_Emeritus

Re: Request for Radio Free Mormon

Post by _Stem »

What an ugly talk. I appreciate you making it known to us.

I too would like to hear RFM's commentary and thoughts on this.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

Thanks for bringing that talk to my attention, Shinster.

I will probably not do an episode on this one talk, though I think it is a classic example of Elder Bednar's superciliousness.

His wife has notebooks full of new revelations he has received while teaching the same old thing countless times?

His wife would actually dare tell him he is not smart enough to think of this on his own?

Is this really a good example of how God reveals new truth to our apostles--his idee fixe that the majority of Mormons believe Moroni said the same thing to Joseph Smith on that fateful night over and over again; whereas he has, through miraculously reading the account itself published in the Pearl of Great Price, concluded that this is not the case but rather, Moroni actually added new stuff at the end of the repeated message from the prior occasion?

I would so love to have access to those notebooks!

But I suppose if somebody were to ask him if they could take a look-see at all the wonderful revelations his wife has written down from the minor variations in the talks Elder Bednar has given, they would be labeled impertinent.

Okay, maybe there is enough material here on which to do an episode . . .
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Shinster
_Emeritus

Post by _Shinster »

No problem if you don’t do an episode. I’m looking forward to whatever you choose to tackle next.

This talk has bothered me ever since I read it a few days ago.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

Shinster wrote:No problem if you don’t do an episode. I’m looking forward to whatever you choose to tackle next.

This talk has bothered me ever since I read it a few days ago.

It is likely the quote from Elder McConkie ("the caravan moves on") will fit into part 2 of my upcoming podcast, "Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics," part 1 of which went up today.

And I would most likely not have heard about this talk by Elder Bednar except for your help.

So thank you very much for bringing it to my attention.

By the way, what is it about this talk that bothers you?
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

consiglieri wrote:part 1 of which went up today.

wahoo!