Baptism

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Baptism

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

I think last time I posted here I was talking about getting rebaptised. Well, I got rebaptised. It was very underwhelming. Everyone including my mum talked about how good i would feel. And how clean I would feel. I just felt very wet. I wasn't ready. I knew I wasn't ready. But the sister missionary was leaving and going home and wanted to see me baptised before she went. So I felt pressured. Anyway, It did the opposite of what i had hoped. For years I thought I had trouble feeling the spirit because I was convinced I hadn't been confirmed. Then I thought maybe it was just the dissociation I had. But becoming human and being rebaptised never changed things. So now I'm just floating through life one day at a time. I went to an evangelical church today. It was a bit different and intense. But I think I might go again. I hope to go to Sikh temple soon. Drag Jamie along.
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Re: Baptism

Post by _Ceeboo »

Hey Pirate! :smile:

Imwashingmypirate wrote:But becoming human and being rebaptised never changed things.

Congratulations on becoming human .......... and congrats on being re-baptized too!

Peace,
Ceeboo
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Ceeboo wrote:Hey Pirate! :smile:

Imwashingmypirate wrote:But becoming human and being rebaptised never changed things.

Congratulations on becoming human .......... and congrats on being re-baptized too!

Peace,
Ceeboo

Thanks. *curtsey*
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

why.

Set an example for your children.

Stop searching for any god. It/she/he does not exist in any of the current or past definitions from men.

Search out happiness of being alive and spending time with those you can feel, smell, touch, and feel their love and appreciation.

that's my god.
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_Tuna_Surprise
_Emeritus

Post by _Tuna_Surprise »

I'm new around here so I don't recognise you based on your prior content...but have you considered going to the Community of Christ? They have some good congregations in the UK. I'm in the UK too and I've had the privilege to spend time with some CoC people and they're good eggs.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

I just went to a church close by. No idea where a community of Christ church is near me.

PP- I've been going to a wellbeing thing and have tasks. I've been tasked to do things for myself that isn't just looking after children. So I'm just trying to get out. Church is the only thing I can think of that I can take the kids to but is for me.

OMG. My BIL is a pain in the arse. He has just said to my son, "you can tell you've been around those thick kids". Pretty sure my son is a genius. But sometimes he just can't be arsed performing. So my BIL was asking him to tell him what the planets are called. He didn't respond. In fact he looks unwell. think I'm just in a mood.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:OMG. My BIL is a pain in the arse. He has just said to my son, "you can tell you've been around those thick kids". Pretty sure my son is a genius. But sometimes he just can't be arsed performing. So my BIL was asking him to tell him what the planets are called. He didn't respond. In fact he looks unwell. think I'm just in a mood.

You're exactly right. Children know what adults are doing and they despise it. It makes them feel like trained parrots and the process is virtually meaningless.

Tell BIL to "Stop asking him test questions".
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb