"By Common Consent"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Re: "By Common Consent"

Post by _Nightlion »

Come April 2018 they could fail to sustain the entire Quorum of the Twelve and First Presidency. When asked WHY, they can demand the fruits of apostleship before anyone can be called as such.

LOL

When their desert is fully exhausted and they find NONE are qualified (if they are competent enough to know what qualifies) they could ask and I might set before those few interested in becoming such, a school of apostleship. It is not possible to qualify quickly as one must take upon them the name of Jesus Christ with full purpose of heart and be baptized with fire and the Holy Ghost first, and then endure proving that they are determined to serve the Lord under all hazards before Christ makes them his chosen few. Jesus only can make an apostle. Anything less is FAKE. So there ya have it. I took pity upon the hypocrisy of Mormonism and gave them the apostolic standard.

Since nobody even on this board gives a fig what I say, chances are slim to none that this opportunity to bring forth and establish the causes of the Zion of our God and of his Christ is anything more than vain.

James Q. Muir
Sent by the commanding voice of God in January 1979 and accomplished the will of the Lord in saving much of these United States of America from the Three Mile Island nuclear accident that had the potential of destroying then entire North East of this great country. Then by June of that same year was given the apostolic witness/burden/authority and on to fulfilling a life of apostolic wonders. Even though the envy of Elder Gordon B. Hinckley had me exed for no cause in 1991 a couple of years after I made a favorable impression with President Ezra Taft Benson with my Book of Mormon Standard of Conversion paper I sent him and he responded by letter noting it with interest. Hinckley also persecuted me in 1984 and held my temple marriage coming up in April over my head to disavow my New Mormon Theology paper that corrected Mormon Doctrine about many adolescent musing of early apostolic imposters.

Oh, and I have yet to SEE Jesus. That of itself does not an apostle make. As not all Jews who saw the risen Christ became apostles and the same with the people in the Book of Mormon. You still have to be chosen, called, sent of God and given the witness by the power of the Holy Ghost to have authority.

Just saying. :eek:
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_MrStakhanovite
_Emeritus

Post by _MrStakhanovite »

Yahoo Bot wrote:Really, so what is POX as he uses the term?

I think it means the policy to keep children with parents in same sex relationships from obtaining certain ordinances until the age of 18.
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

MrStakhanovite wrote:

I think it means the policy to keep children with parents in same sex relationships from obtaining certain ordinances until the age of 18.

And it is with some very questionable requirements and o-rings that this 18 year old must jump through before obtaining a single ordinance. Disgusting, in my not so humble opinion.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

Come on, I don't believe for a second that Yahoo isn't aware of what's being talked about.

As for the original article, I didn't see anything that warranted censorship. Change the context to a bishop that just got called as the stake president. A member can't express the opinion that this isn't the right person for the job? Flies in the face of the whole idea of "common consent."
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Water Dog wrote:Come on, I don't believe for a second that Yahoo isn't aware of what's being talked about.

As for the original article, I didn't see anything that warranted censorship. Change the context to a bishop that just got called as the stake president. A member can't express the opinion that this isn't the right person for the job? Flies in the face of the whole idea of "common consent."

Exactly. But we have to realize the Mormon definition of common consent. That means all can freely speak their hearts agree with the leadership. Period. And therefore that is used as a demonstration that the Holy Ghost is telling everyone the same truth of the church! See how neato circular thinking can be? If only we could rid ourselves of those pesky logicians, religion would be oh so much more the better.....
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

Water Dog wrote:Come on, I don't believe for a second that Yahoo isn't aware of what's being talked about.

Like everything else about hypocrisy; once hypocrite, everything dysfunctions. If there were more than a few true saints in Mormonism common consent would roll down like thunder upon the heads of the Church. If LDS leadership were anything better than generational money grubbing sycophants they would respect the body of saints voicing their consent. Modern Mormonism is a rip off of the Restoration. A Restoration that only got a foundation in place. Nothing yet has come of it. No Zion. No knowing how to go about it. If it is not about Zion it has none of the Restoration in it. It does not. A few grains of mustard seeds have managed to roll out. Soon to be gathered into one barn.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_MrStakhanovite
_Emeritus

Post by _MrStakhanovite »

Water Dog wrote:As for the original article, I didn't see anything that warranted censorship. Change the context to a bishop that just got called as the stake president. A member can't express the opinion that this isn't the right person for the job? Flies in the face of the whole idea of "common consent."

Just a personal observation here, but I find progressive Mormons who want to also be "loyal" Mormons tend to be very conflicted. Some might call that cognitive dissonance, but I liken to something like a religious schizophrenia. You can't really predict how they are going to interpret any single event or blog post, because they will read really strange notions into something and never really will repeat the process the same way again. The BCC crowd are the type of people to wear a pink shirt to Church because they think it is some subversive act of solidarity for women, but signed a petition as a display of anger towards a newspaper's obituary because it was unflattering in spite of it giving attention to their pet causes.
_Yahoo Bot
_Emeritus

Post by _Yahoo Bot »

MrStakhanovite wrote:

Thanks. I did some searching through the post and couldn't figure it out but suspected that was the case.

Again, I must wonder why these folks didn't rise up in anger about this policy which seems to me has been around since at least the 1930s for children of plural marriages.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Yahoo Bot wrote:Again, I must wonder why these folks didn't rise up in anger about this policy which seems to me has been around since at least the 1930s for children of plural marriages.

And yet our current Prophet and Elder Oaks are both practicing polygamists and have been sealed to more than one wife for time and eternity.

Where's the outrage? The hypocrisy knows no bounds.

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Yahoo Bot wrote:President Nelson was my stake president when my 29-year-old father died. The only greater priesthood leader at the time for my family was my bishop, Joseph B. Wirthlin.

You forgot to mention your home teacher at the time, Jeffrey R. Holland. You also forgot to mention your seminary teacher at the time, Jesus Christ.

Good grief, Yahoo. Isn't it enough for you to post here as an anonymous coward without having to fabricate stories about yourself? Have you no shame?

Growing up in SLC, name dropping was definitely a pass time many practiced. I know some of the current leaders too. There isn't anything special about them.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen