It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:42 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:04 am
Posts: 4241
Location: Firmly on this earth
Read it and laugh.....wow......... and uh, the prophets and apostles teachings that Trump obviously doesn't know about and wouldn't care about, don't sway Mormons away from this dolt in the Presidency?!

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox ... 83599d36ef

_________________
"Being and nonbeing arise mutually. Thus not to see the unity of self and other is the fear of life, and not to see the unity of being and nonbeing is the fear of death." Alan Watts

"The problem is most religions proceed to try and explain the truth and then insist that you agree with their explanation." Brad Warner


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:53 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 6956
Location: On walkabout
Is your link correct?

_________________
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:09 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:04 am
Posts: 4241
Location: Firmly on this earth
Res Ipsa wrote:
Is your link correct?

Yes, it goes to Clark Goebel on the Times and Seasons board. He's the one who talked about it. Here's the full article

http://www.timesandseasons.org/index.ph ... more-37608

_________________
"Being and nonbeing arise mutually. Thus not to see the unity of self and other is the fear of life, and not to see the unity of being and nonbeing is the fear of death." Alan Watts

"The problem is most religions proceed to try and explain the truth and then insist that you agree with their explanation." Brad Warner


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:18 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 11:07 pm
Posts: 2035
The Gallop poll is here

http://news.gallup.com/poll/225380/trum ... aign=tiles

What I found interesting is that when white Protestants defined (I think poorly) as all Christians who don't identify as Catholic or Mormon are the subgroup you find the same 60% approval rating. Also that among both these groups Trump has the same approval rating as Bush in these groups. There seems to be a very wide color difference here.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:18 am 
the very elect
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:07 pm
Posts: 8023
Let this sink in Brother Shirts.

THIS is what you defended for most of your life.

_________________
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:47 am 
God

Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:25 pm
Posts: 1213
I thought the issue now was how those vagina hats the feminists are wearing were racist.

Quote:
The reason: The sentiment that the pink pussyhat excludes and is offensive to transgender women and gender non-binary people who don't have typical female genitalia and to women of color because their genitals are more likely to be brown than pink.


https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 023061001/

Oh well, I guess everything and everyone is racist and sexist.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:27 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:48 pm
Posts: 1384
This whole business of team politics, of blindly following leaders regardless because one needs to support the team is one of the reasons I always had an uneasiness with Mormonism. They are so conditioned to letting their leaders think for them in certain areas that the above poll is not surprising. Year after year they vote for the republicans like it's god's party. But this is partly what religion has always been for - a way to push the population toward the powers that be. The church loved the iraq war and Hinckley tried to dissuade protest. They wanted Romney to be the head of the American War party for heaven's sake and probably would have started hinting at god being somehow behind the US conquests had he been elected.

I personally think we never get anyone that truly represents the people. It's just one puppet of the oligarchy after another. However, in this case, I think the democrats/msm and the shenanigans they pulled in trying to get clinton elected gave us trump. In my opinion, enough people saw through the ruse and voted for trump as a protest. He is a buffoon in search of more buffoonery. I just hope he doesn't do something incredibly dumb like launch a war against N. Korea.

_________________
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:22 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:32 pm
Posts: 1095
Location: Parowan, Utah
I continue to stand all amazed at the love liberal Mormons have for themselves their co-religionists. The comments are astonishing in their naked self love for these obvious bigots: one trots out some pseudo-sociology (it's Trump's "appeal to in-group dynamics"...yes and what does that imply about the group you belong to?), another questions the statistics. One even pretends to be crushed (what, you thought Russell Nelson is a crypto-Unitarian?) and makes an appeal to the Mormon tradition:

Quote:
Where is our discernment?


Mine is in my head. Where's yours? Up your ass? Do you know anything at all about the religious community you so fiercely cling to?

Quote:
Where is our outrage for the harm done to our brothers and sisters? Where is our voice?


Outrage is what a two-year old has when a toy is taken away. You do have a voice though: why don't you use it? Your voice is your membership. As long as you maintain it, you add to the discordant chorus whose unhinged melodies grate your ears—or at least so you say.

Meanwhile, over at the official organ for white liberal Mormons who admire Oregon, By Common Consent is busy on Twitter making a gaudy display of their cultural consumption (a retweet of "Akira Kurosawa on Watching Solaris with Andrei Tarkovsky"), indulging in hipsterish memery, and broadcasting their "woke" status by retweeting Ana Marie Cox. On the site, we are treated to a blogpost about the the new third-hour curriculum (hooray! this is why I went to graduate school!), and a response by an author whose memoir had been reviewed at BCC. The response of the author under review was to post a playlist, a soundtrack if you will, to the memoir. Her bio is so saccharine it makes the teeth rot just to read it: "...Her childhood memories are equally anchored by the sting of salted fog on her lips, and the scent of apricots ripe for harvest."

That's what Mormon liberals look like these days: shocked to snowflake tears that Mormons support Trump, while swimming in Paltrowian goop.

As a son of Carbon County, I can only refer you to the work of the radical administrative theorist, John Joseph Nicholson (see a brief snippet here; the comment is from the Q &A after a lecture on the cognitive challenges of processing what seems to be true while wishing it were not).

_________________
"As to any slivers of light or any particles of darkness of the past, we forget about them."

—B. Redd McConkie


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:44 pm 
God

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am
Posts: 13651
Quote:
a retweet of "Akira Kurosawa on Watching Solaris with Andrei Tarkovsky"

Is...is that real?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:47 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:32 pm
Posts: 1095
Location: Parowan, Utah
EAllusion wrote:
Quote:
a retweet of "Akira Kurosawa on Watching Solaris with Andrei Tarkovsky"

Is...is that real?


https://cinephiliabeyond.org/akira-kuro ... tarkovsky/ (retweeted by the anti-Trump resistance over at BCC).

_________________
"As to any slivers of light or any particles of darkness of the past, we forget about them."

—B. Redd McConkie


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:52 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 15527
Symmachus wrote:
As a son of Carbon County, I can only refer you to the work of the radical administrative theorist, John Joseph Nicholson (see a brief snippet here; the comment is from the Q &A after a lecture on the cognitive challenges of processing what seems to be true while wishing it were not).


Just when I thought I was going to go for a walk before today's Divisional round you go and have to make this ignorant fool aware of By Common Consent. Do I go for a walk or do I click on the this rogue's gallery of fart-smelling dissonants?

Quote:
Adam Miller
Amber Haslam
Angela C. (Hawkgrrrl)
Ashmae
BHodges
Cynthia L.
D Christian Harrison
Emily Grover
John C.
John F.
J. Stapley
JKC
Jason K.
Jessie
Karen H.
Kevin Barney
Kristine Haglund
Matt B.
Megan Conley
Michael Austin
Peter LLC
Rebecca J.
RJH
Russell
Sam Brunson
Steve Evans
Tracy M.
W.V. Smith

&

Aaron B.
Aaron R.
Amri Brown
Benjamin Park
Brad Kramer
Bob Caswell
Christina TK
David Knowlton
DMI Dave
ECS
Edward Snow
EmJen
J. Nelson-Seawright
Jacob
Jen J.
Jeremy G.
John F.
John Hamer
John Hatch
Kaimi W.
Kathryn Lynard Soper
Kris Wright
Logan B.
Margaret Blair Young
Mark Brown
Matt Page
Mathew Parke
Melissa DM
Morgan
Natalie B.
Scott B.
Steve Cannon
Steven P.
Sunny
Taryn


My god.

Image

- Doc


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:53 pm 
God

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am
Posts: 13651
Is the Utahan economy doing especially well? There's something significant about these numbers - probably mostly just that Mormons are the most stanch Republican partisans of any religious group - but before you try to extract significance it's important to remember that job approval numbers aren't driven by rational analysis of the job a president has done. Almost no one has the grounding in facts and ideology necessary to do that, and among those that do, what they think can be predicted beforehand by their political views. A committed progressive isn't going to wake up one day and think a decidedly un-progressive agenda constitutes a good job.

Job approval numbers rather are a measure of popularity, which is heavily driven by partisan affiliation and a person's sense of how things are going. The latter is heavily, but not exclusively, driven by people's sense of economic performance. Trump is wildly unpopular given how strong the employment environment is right now. I do wonder if local variations in economic conditions can explain some of the disparities in presidential approval ratings. Since Mormons aren't evenly distributed in the country, I could see that having some impact. Really, though, the number probably is best explained by Mormons being the most partisan Republican of any religious group in the US. The thing about staunch partisanship is that it what the person with the letter after their name is doing or saying doesn't matter a lot both because of ignorance about current events and because of confirmation bias.

If that sounds stupid, it is. That's democracy for ya.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:09 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:53 am
Posts: 3823
Location: Oregon
Symmachus wrote:
Meanwhile, over at the official organ for white liberal Mormons who admire Oregon...


What are you talking about?

_________________
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:13 pm 
Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:15 am
Posts: 5693
Location: The Land of Lorn
I was watching Chris Stewart on MSNBC this morning trying to claim that Trump just didn't say "S...hole", or make the comments he did about those countries. He totally ignored what Lindsay Graham said, instead attacking Durbin as someone who just makes stuff up. They have their heads so far up Trump's ass that they will never see daylight. It's simply willful blindness. The hypocrisy is stunning. Trump did get something right, these sycophants would watch Trump shoot someone in public and they would do nothing to stop it or condemn him for it.

_________________
I stand in a high place
Humanity an empty face
Futile gestures and illusory grace:
Trying to understand this world;
But I cast at swine all my pearls,
I cast at swine all my pearls.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:22 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:29 pm
Posts: 3665
Fiannan wrote:
I thought the issue now was how those vagina hats the feminists are wearing were racist.

Quote:
The reason: The sentiment that the pink pussyhat excludes and is offensive to transgender women and gender non-binary people who don't have typical female genitalia and to women of color because their genitals are more likely to be brown than pink.


https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 023061001/

Oh well, I guess everything and everyone is racist and sexist.


I checked the article but failed to find a proposal that pink hats were racist. Your conclusion that everyone is racist seems a nonsequitar. Of course some elements of racist thought appears broadly across humanity.One can bring that up anytime the subject creates discomfort.

Perhaps it would make sense to try and understand the racist aspects of ones own mind. You do not need to share it it just recognizing it would be a help.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:39 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:32 pm
Posts: 1095
Location: Parowan, Utah
cwald wrote:
Symmachus wrote:
Meanwhile, over at the official organ for white liberal Mormons who admire Oregon...


What are you talking about?


The sarcasm is lathered on pretty thickly, but I'm sure you can read behind it.

_________________
"As to any slivers of light or any particles of darkness of the past, we forget about them."

—B. Redd McConkie


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:00 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm
Posts: 10410
Location: Multiverse
Symmachus wrote:
I continue to stand all amazed at the love liberal Mormons have for themselves their co-religionists. The comments are astonishing in their naked self love for these obvious bigots: one trots out some pseudo-sociology (it's Trump's "appeal to in-group dynamics"...yes and what does that imply about the group you belong to?), another questions the statistics. One even pretends to be crushed (what, you thought Russell Nelson is a crypto-Unitarian?) and makes an appeal to the Mormon tradition:

Quote:
Where is our discernment?


Mine is in my head. Where's yours? Up your ass? Do you know anything at all about the religious community you so fiercely cling to?

Quote:
Where is our outrage for the harm done to our brothers and sisters? Where is our voice?


Outrage is what a two-year old has when a toy is taken away. You do have a voice though: why don't you use it? Your voice is your membership. As long as you maintain it, you add to the discordant chorus whose unhinged melodies grate your ears—or at least so you say.

Meanwhile, over at the official organ for white liberal Mormons who admire Oregon, By Common Consent is busy on Twitter making a gaudy display of their cultural consumption (a retweet of "Akira Kurosawa on Watching Solaris with Andrei Tarkovsky"), indulging in hipsterish memery, and broadcasting their "woke" status by retweeting Ana Marie Cox. On the site, we are treated to a blogpost about the the new third-hour curriculum (hooray! this is why I went to graduate school!), and a response by an author whose memoir had been reviewed at BCC. The response of the author under review was to post a playlist, a soundtrack if you will, to the memoir. Her bio is so saccharine it makes the teeth rot just to read it: "...Her childhood memories are equally anchored by the sting of salted fog on her lips, and the scent of apricots ripe for harvest."

That's what Mormon liberals look like these days: shocked to snowflake tears that Mormons support Trump, while swimming in Paltrowian goop.

As a son of Carbon County, I can only refer you to the work of the radical administrative theorist, John Joseph Nicholson (see a brief snippet here; the comment is from the Q &A after a lecture on the cognitive challenges of processing what seems to be true while wishing it were not).


God, I love this post. :lol:

_________________
You have made this ludicrous assertion about Israelite religion in the New World. Produce one shred of non-faith based evidence to prove it. --Philip Jenkins


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:46 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:59 pm
Posts: 1138
Location: Land of the Stupid People (Utah)
OMG!!

Well, it's time to change the Motto of Utah from "The Greatest Snow on Earth" to "Utah, Land of the Stupid People".

Trump is so Stupid he doesn't know how Stupid he is.

_________________
I don't heed advise, dietary practices, criticism, moral guidance, social causes, political views or job advice from someone who worships a man who had sexual relations with little girls and other men's wives. https://www.LDS.org/topics/plural-marri ... o?lang=eng


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:35 pm 
Holy Ghost

Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:51 pm
Posts: 918
Conservatives have more kids than liberals. Conservative Mormons have more kids than liberal Mormons. :sad: My conservative kids (4) have more kids than my liberal kids (4): 17 to 6.

There's your future.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/07/21/lib ... net-power/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:56 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:42 pm
Posts: 18941
Location: Koloburbia
Utah is one place where Trump's popularity has increased since the election.



deacon blues wrote:
Conservatives have more kids than liberals.

Children with a conservative religious upbringing also are less altruistic and are more judgmental. At least according to a University of Chicago study.

_________________
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 60% of Mormons Approve of the racist, sexist pig Trump?!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:02 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:04 am
Posts: 4241
Location: Firmly on this earth
moksha wrote:
Utah is one place where Trump's popularity has increased since the election.


This makes sense in a quirky way. Trump wants to make America "white" again. The church wants to be "white and delightsome" again. Two peas in a pod.

_________________
"Being and nonbeing arise mutually. Thus not to see the unity of self and other is the fear of life, and not to see the unity of being and nonbeing is the fear of death." Alan Watts

"The problem is most religions proceed to try and explain the truth and then insist that you agree with their explanation." Brad Warner


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Tuna_Surprise and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group