Mormonism and the Matrix

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Re: Mormonism and the Matrix

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Yahoo Bot wrote:Matrix. Come on. It isn't fine art worthy of any comparison. What's next. The Walking Dead?

Good point, the fine art that adorns the hallways of our chapels clearly shows what a bad comparison the OP makes.

:wink:
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Xenophon
_Emeritus

Post by _Xenophon »

Doc, how does it change your interpretation if Neo isn't the one but instead Agent Smith is?

15 minute YouTube video explaining the theory.
"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Xenophon wrote:Doc, how does it change your interpretation if Neo isn't the one but instead Agent Smith is?

15 minute YouTube video explaining the theory.

I'll take a look and get back to you!

- Doc

ETA1: For anyone watching this clip forward to 1:51 to bypass “F” ing annoying ass bull crap and to actually start the video.
ETA2: 2:12 pause - I mean, Neo is an anagram for One. So. You know. You have that.
ETA3: Ok. Go to 3:36 to actually get to the theory and bypass nonsense Millennial narcissistic rambling.
ETA4: Holy “F”. Just go to 5:00 to start the breakdown. C'mon, X. Why you do this?

ETA5: This is interesting. 6:40 Agent Smith calls the Oracle "Mom". Why would he do that?
ETA6: 13:05 Oooooooohh. That makes sense. That. Makes. Sense. Mom be pimpin' n' trickin', yo.

ETA7: I'm a simple man and I'm easily influenced. I now believe the Oracle was the puppet master, Neo was the decoy, and Agent Smith was the unwitting pawn know as THE ONE.

Great video! I recommend fans to the movie watch it. Thanks, X.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.