It is currently Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Scapegoated
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:40 am 
God

Oh goody, a self-generated self-absorbed attention-seeking drama queen thread which revolves all around you.

*please note, this is not a personal attack, it’s an on topic comment on the content of the opening post

“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”
― Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Prize Winner, 'Thinking, Fast and Slow'

Last edited by I have a question on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:46 am 
God

This is basically what I posted to Lemmie in her “unwanted” PM. I want to make it clear that my words to her were not debasing or abusive in any way.

I think that Shades has done a great job in creating this forum and am a huge supporter in wanting to see the forum succeed.

I have been a member here since Shades’ initial creation and even helped moderate the site for a while.

I feel badly that things got so far out of hand on Lemmie’s thread. Again, I own my part. However, I alone did not destroy the integrity of that thread.

I was goaded into responding even after I had made a determined effort to refrain from posting any further. It was a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” situation.

If I could go back in time, I would have never posted anything on the thread to begin with. I have had my feelings hurt, and apparently, a number of folks here blame me as the sole reason for Shades hiring a new moderator.

I am sorry that folks feel that way. I can’t do anything to change the past.

I have committed, and will honor the commitment of not posting on any new or old thread that Lemmie initiated regarding the DCP plagiarism.

I don’t know that there is anything further I can commit to in order to make things better at this point.

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MormonDiscussions.com.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MormonDiscussions.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:46 am 
God

Jesse Pinkman wrote:
As an act of good faith, I will not post any further on her thread, old or new, dealing with that topic in the future.

Yes, but THIS thread is open season for more and more drama. And the drama is going to flow like river down the stream and eventually overflow the banks.

Just let it go. Drop it. Move on.

"I do admit Joseph Smith faked the facsimile translation. . . Facsimiles. . . lies"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:47 am 
God

Deleted, because I can’t be arsed.

“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:48 am 
God

I have a question wrote:
Oh goody, a self-generated self-absorbed attention-seeking drama queen thread which revolves all around you.

*please note, this is not a personal attack, it’s an on topic comment on the content of the opening post

So I invite you to put me on ignore. Since you seem to be this disgusted with the topic at hand, and it’s no secret that you don’t care for me.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MormonDiscussions.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:49 am 
God

I have a question wrote:

Board moderation is getting tighter. "Personal attacks" are getting moderated now. I'm sure you already know that.

"I do admit Joseph Smith faked the facsimile translation. . . Facsimiles. . . lies"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:52 am 
God

Shulem wrote:
Jesse Pinkman wrote:

As an act of good faith, I will not post any further on her thread, old or new, dealing with that topic in the future.

Yes, but THIS thread is open season for more and more drama. And the drama is going to flow like river down the stream and eventually overflow the banks.

Just let it go. Drop it. Move on.

Thanks, Shulem. I intend to move on. But I have a right to address accusations made about me. Rather than be accused of being off topic on another thread, I thought it best to post a blanket statement here. That is all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:54 am 
God

Jesse Pinkman wrote:
I don’t know that there is anything further I can commit to in order to make things better at this point.

You could commit to not starting “it’s all about me” attention seeking threads. That would make things better.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:54 am 
God

Shulem wrote:
I have a question wrote:

Board moderation is getting tighter. "Personal attacks" are getting moderated now. I'm sure you already know that.

Any personal attack was inadvertent.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:55 am 
God

Jesse Pinkman wrote:
I intend to move on.

Great!

Quote:
But I have a right to address accusations made about me. Rather than be accused of being off topic on another thread, I thought it best to post a blanket statement here. That is all.

Oh, you didn’t mean it....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:56 am 
God

Jesse Pinkman wrote:
Thanks, Shulem. I intend to move on. But I have a right to address accusations made about me. Rather than be accused of being off topic on another thread, I thought it best to post a blanket statement here. That is all.

I understand and you most certainly do have a right to carry on. But I think you should forfeit that right because I get the feeling this topic is not good for your health. You have to put your health first.

Drop it and just forget it. Let people accuse you. Who cares? I don't give a rat's ass when people accuse me. It rolls off like water on a duck.

Quack.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:58 am 
God

Shulem wrote:
Jesse Pinkman wrote:

I understand and you most certainly do have a right to carry on. But I think you should forfeit that right because I get the feeling this topic is not good for your health. You have to put your health first.

Drop it and just forget it. Let people accuse you. Who cares? I don't give a rat's ass when people accuse me. It rolls off like water on a duck.

Quack.

:lol:

LOL!! I love you, Paul. You’re a good friend.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:07 pm 
God

Hey Jesse Pinkman! :smile:

Tough few days for you here - I feel for you.

You need not do any of this. You are not obligated to do it and it isn't wise to continue.

Lemmie is no more important and/or special than you are as a member of this community. She should not be commanding and/or given any special treatment and it's both unnecessary and silly to feel that apologies need to be offered to her because it happened to be a thread that she authored. Threads go wildly off-topic around here, for a variety of reasons, on a daily basis. Hell, I probably post more off-topic garbage than almost everybody here so ................?

Anyway, don't worry too much about any of this Jesse Pinkman. It will blow over.........if you let it. :smile:

Peace,
Ceeboo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:08 pm 
God

Ceeboo wrote:

You need not do any of this. You are not obligated to do it and it isn't wise to continue.

Lemmie is no more important and/or special than you are as a member of this community. She should not be commanding and/or given any special treatment and it's both unnecessary and silly to feel that apologies need to be offered to her because it happened to be a thread that she authored. Threads go wildly off-topic around here, for a variety of reasons, on a daily basis. Hell, I probably post more off-topic garbage than almost everybody here so ................?

Anyway, don't worry too much about any of this Jesse Pinkman. It will blow over.........if you let it. :smile:

Peace,
Ceeboo

That's very good advice. I hope she takes it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:11 pm 
God

Ceeboo wrote:
Threads go wildly off-topic around here, for a variety of reasons, on a daily basis. Hell, I probably post more off-topic garbage than almost everybody here so ................?

Why haven't you voted on the Facsimile No. 3 jackal snout?

http://mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48030

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:12 pm 
God

Ceeboo wrote:

Self-inflicted.

Quote:
Yet here we are anyway.
Quote:
Lemmie is no more important and/or special than you are as a member of this community. She should not be commanding and/or given any special treatment and it's both unnecessary and silly to feel that apologies need to be offered to her because it happened to be a thread that she authored.
Lemmie wasn’t asking for special treatment, she was asking for the rules concerning trolling, derailing and Tobin Syndrome to be enforced.

Quote:
Threads go wildly off-topic around here, for a variety of reasons, on a daily basis. Hell, I probably post more off-topic garbage than almost everybody here so ................?
So don’t.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:15 pm 
God

Ceeboo wrote:

Peace,
Ceeboo

Thanks, Ceeboo.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:16 pm 
God

deja vu. Reminds me of something Dr. Shades once said to mentalgymnast...
Dr. Shades, 10.17, wrote:
MODERATOR NOTE: mentalgymnast, if you intend to refrain from doing something, simply refrain from doing it.

From now on, it is no longer necessary for you to start a thread announcing what you will refrain from doing.

I hereby alleviate you from that burden henceforth and forever.

RULE OF THUMB:

Has something to do with Mormonism: Thread start yes.
Has NOTHING to do with Mormonism: Thread start NO.
[mod color removed because I am quoting]

That post is from a thread that the opening post started in Terrestrial but which was eventually moved to Telestial.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:18 pm 
God

Walk away, Jesse Pinkman -- just walk away.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:19 pm 
God

I have a question wrote:
Lemmie wasn’t asking for special treatment, she was asking for the rules concerning trolling, derailing and Tobin Syndrome to be enforced.

Yes, and now we're being treated to a full blown "mg effect" with the creation of this new vanity thread.

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:20 pm 
God

Shulem wrote:
Ceeboo wrote:

Why haven't you voted on the Facsimile No. 3 jackal snout?

http://mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48030

Are you going to be posting final vote tallies on that? How many folks still need to vote?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next