Sure, now that we have a new Mod, EA is...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Sure, now that we have a new Mod, EA is...

Post by _Fence Sitter »

showing up a lot more in the Terrestrial Forum. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am looking forward to the Mod fighting over who gets to ban the terrestrial inhabitants.

But on a serious note, welcome Res Ipsa and thanks in advance for not moderating all my Old Testament crap.

FS
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Re: Sure, now that we have a new Mod, EA is...

Post by _EAllusion »

I have to read all ya'll's avalanche of reports, which requires seeing the forum more.

:razz:
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

You're hysterical.

:lol:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Dantana
_Emeritus

Re: Sure, now that we have a new Mod, EAllusion is...

Post by _Dantana »

tana wrote: Where are you at Res Ipsa, on the materialism - idealism spectrum?

Res Ipsa wrote:Materialist, I think. I don’t think that the existence of our sun is dependent on the prior existence of mind. I think that our consciousness is a result of material interactions that occur in the brain.

Adding another materialist to the same side of the row boat doesn't bode well for my Materialism v Idealism topics. Ah well, I'm still backing Res Ipsa. Course, there's always Rep. Issa, now that he's retiring.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

EAllusion wrote:I have to read all ya'll's avalanche of reports, which requires seeing the forum more.

:razz:

A smart guy like you should have anticipated the avalanche and not taken off time for the holidays. See how stuff piles up?

;-)
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

tana wrote:
tana wrote: Where are you at Res Ipsa, on the materialism - idealism spectrum?

Res Ipsa wrote:Materialist, I think. I don’t think that the existence of our sun is dependent on the prior existence of mind. I think that our consciousness is a result of material interactions that occur in the brain.

Adding another materialist to the same side of the row boat doesn't bode well for my Materialism v Idealism topics. Ah well, I'm still backing Res Ipsa. Course, there's always Rep. Issa, now that he's retiring.

OMG! I never realized I was an anagram of Rep. Issa. Come to think of it, I’ve never seen us together...
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

It is kind of weird seeing his name now in green. But I am glad that Res Ipsa is now a mod.
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Post by _MsJack »

Brackite wrote:It is kind of weird seeing his name now in green. But I am glad that Res Ipsa is now a mod.

I'd volunteer for moderating, but my name would look terrible in green.
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

MsJack wrote:
Brackite wrote:It is kind of weird seeing his name now in green. But I am glad that Res Ipsa is now a mod.

I'd volunteer for moderating, but my name would look terrible in green.

Blue is a much better color on you.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951