It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ipsa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:10 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:58 pm
Posts: 2461
Shulem wrote:
Yahoo Bot wrote:
I vote no. I'll leave.


Would you care to state your reason(s) why you vote no?

I’m curious as well.

_________________
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MormonDiscussions.com.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MormonDiscussions.com
_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ispa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:29 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:16 pm
Posts: 26930
Location: Off the Deep End
Jesse Pinkman wrote:
My, my. Aren’t we sensitive? I just called you on your obvious rudeness to the founder of our site. I have as much a right to comment here as anyone. You weren’t having a private conversation. You acted like an ass for everyone to see. I just called you on it.

Sensitive? Rudeness? Acted like an ass?

Has it escaped your attention that the reason for the upcoming workload is to effect a kitchen sink removal that was inflicted on a thread by you?

Having been a member of this community for as long as you have, you should have known that the appropriate response to the thread wasn't throwing the kitchen sink at it in an attempt to thwart it from nearly the beginning.

That is to say, that the installment of a new moderator to help cover the workload, the workload itself is on account of you acting like a rude ass throughout the thread in question.

_________________
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb


Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ipsa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:37 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:37 pm
Posts: 5847
Location: On walkabout
I very much appreciate the support posted here, but want to remind folks that Shades asked folks to send rationales for objections to him privately. While I’m happy to respond to any concerns posted here, I think it would be perfectly appropriate for Bot or anyone else to note an objection here but explain privately to Shades. I don’t think Bot has any obligation to post his reasoning.

_________________
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ipsa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:24 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:58 pm
Posts: 6812
Res Ipsa wrote:
While I’m happy to respond to any concerns posted here


Do you hold any personal angst towards raccoons or whales?
Do you acknowledge the deep value that country music brings to the world?
Do you fully accept people who post meaningless GIF's all over the board?
Do you make your own BBQ sauce or do you buy it?

Peace,
Ceeboo


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ispa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:24 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:58 pm
Posts: 2461
Jersey Girl wrote:
Jesse Pinkman wrote:

My, my. Aren’t we sensitive? I just called you on your obvious rudeness to the founder of our site. I have as much a right to comment here as anyone. You weren’t having a private conversation. You acted like an ass for everyone to see. I just called you on it.


Sensitive? Rudeness? Acted like an ass?

Has it escaped your attention that the reason for the upcoming workload is to effect a kitchen sink removal that was inflicted on a thread by you?

Having been a member of this community for as long as you have, you should have known that the appropriate response to the thread wasn't throwing the kitchen sink at it in an attempt to thwart it from nearly the beginning.

That is to say, that the installment of a new moderator to help cover the workload, the workload itself is on account of you acting like a rude ass throughout the thread in question.

You are claiming that all of my posts were off topic. That is not true. Just because I disagreed with the OP does not mean that all of my posts were off topic. There were a few that WERE off topic. Those that were happened because I was personally attacked. I do acknowledge that. But I alone am NOT responsible for the thread needing splits. I accept my part, but I sure as hell wasn’t alone.

And YOU were sure as hell rude, too, so don’t give me that s***.

_________________
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MormonDiscussions.com.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MormonDiscussions.com
_________________


Last edited by Jesse Pinkman on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ipsa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:46 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:49 am
Posts: 7570
Location: Somewhere between bemused and curious.
Welp it looks like there will be even more need for RI to split threads.

:wink:

_________________
"The lives we lead now are not dress rehearsals, they are the only performance we have. Therefore what matters is what we have here, the people we know and and love and the good we can do for the world"
Sean Carroll


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ipsa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:58 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:48 pm
Posts: 5624
Fence Sitter wrote:
Welp it looks like there will be even more need for RI to split threads.

:wink:


It's a cat fight!

:lol:

_________________
Foolish zerinus said:

"Say what you like. The figure which Joseph Smith identifies as the 'slave' is not an image of Anubis, nor is it functioning as Anubis in the image that is displayed."


Nightlion confessed:

"I do admit Joseph Smith faked the facsimile translation. . . . Facsimiles................lies"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ipsa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:14 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:15 am
Posts: 2923
Location: OreIda
What phase is the moon in?

_________________
aka Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ipsa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:58 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:02 am
Posts: 14206
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ipsa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:13 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:17 pm
Posts: 6736
Res Ipsa

Works for me.

_________________
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ipsa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:30 pm 
Nursery
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:07 pm
Posts: 29
Location: Multnomah County Detention Center
Res Ispa is a good kid. This poke will go ahead and vote yea.

Now that I'm free and have more access to my computer thingy I should be around these parts a bit more often.

Jesse and you other lads, yer good kids. Stop arguing so much or you will get yourself some extra chore duty. Haha. I really crack myself up sometimes.

And in case you all missed it.

I'M FREE! I'M FREE!

Image

_________________
It will ultimately create a war among the people, and this is an effort, a peaceful effort, to make sure that war never comes. To ensure there is not a war between the government and the people. And if we do this correctly now, we can make sure that peace will reign in this country. – Ammon Bundy


Last edited by Ammon Bundy on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ipsa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:33 pm 
God

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:25 pm
Posts: 6291
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Image

there's only one cat picking a fight, and no matter how often you rise above it posters like that can still trash your thread to the point that people start saying, over and over, how they stopped following your topic because of all the trash talk surrounding it. It is deeply discouraging to have that happen to a thread one cares about, and if having an extra mod means the integrity of OP topics will have at least an even chance to survive, then I'm all for it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ispa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:38 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:02 pm
Posts: 6063
Jesse Pinkman wrote:
You are claiming that all of my posts were off topic. That is not true. Just because I disagreed with the OP does not mean that all of my posts were off topic. There were a few that WERE off topic. Those that were happened because I was personally attacked. I do acknowledge that. But I alone am NOT responsible for the thread needing splits. I accept my part, but I sure as hell wasn’t alone.

And YOU were sure as hell rude, too, so don’t give me that s***.



Never surrender, never give up! (never learn)

Oh and thumbs up for Res Ispa as moderator!

eta:

For Lemmie, RI and others that have not been around as long as some of us. Jesse Pinkman is not an intentional spammer or troll. Typically she is a reasonable poster. However, she has a history of getting too emotionally involved with some given threads/topics and just seems unable to stop. She has lost big in the past doing this and I subtly hinted a reminder to her, for her to STOP. Hopefully she can drop this soon and return to her normal, reasonable posting style.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ispa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:58 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:53 pm
Posts: 1422
Fence Sitter wrote:
Mr. Rilpey,

This is Shades's forum. He is allowed to correct our grammar, not the other way around.

:wink:
Oh, I know. Shades' typos are like hen's teeth. I hope I can be forgiven for engaging in a little guerrilla modfare.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ipsa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:17 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:53 pm
Posts: 3120
Yahoo Bot wrote:
I vote no. I'll leave.


Then I vote HELL YES!!!

Image

_________________
"The Word of Wisdom has been an integral and faith affirming part of my life." Daniel C. Peterson, who has been morbidly obese for the last 40 years and tips the scales at over 400 lbs

"I'm on sabbatical in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books." Daniel C. Peterson in 2012


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ipsa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:20 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:53 pm
Posts: 3120
Seriously, I think Res Ipsa would make a great moderator.

Stem would also make a great moderator.

Both have my vote.

_________________
"The Word of Wisdom has been an integral and faith affirming part of my life." Daniel C. Peterson, who has been morbidly obese for the last 40 years and tips the scales at over 400 lbs

"I'm on sabbatical in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books." Daniel C. Peterson in 2012


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ispa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:29 pm 
God

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:25 pm
Posts: 6291
RockSlider wrote:
eta:

For Lemmie, RI and others that have not been around as long as some of us. Jesse Pinkman is not an intentional spammer or troll. Typically she is a reasonable poster. However, she has a history of getting too emotionally involved with some given threads/topics and just seems unable to stop. She has lost big in the past doing this and I subtly hinted a reminder to her, for her to STOP. Hopefully she can drop this soon and return to her normal, reasonable posting style.

I am so relieved to hear that!

It makes it SO much better to know that she unintentionally turned my thread into a 28 page clusterf***, to the extent that I have had multiple people tell me that they can't read it anymore. Oh wait. No it doesn't.
:rolleyes:

I take your point, Rockslider, and I apologize for the sarcasm. Hopefully having an extra mod will help to protect her from herself, and maybe save some future threads from being trashed.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ipsa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:38 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:37 pm
Posts: 5847
Location: On walkabout
Ceeboo wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
While I’m happy to respond to any concerns posted here


Do you hold any personal angst towards raccoons or whales?
Do you acknowledge the deep value that country music brings to the world?
Do you fully accept people who post meaningless GIF's all over the board?
Do you make your own BBQ sauce or do you buy it?

Peace,
Ceeboo
m

Raccoons and whales are among my favorite mammals.

I give country music all the credit it is due.

I meditate daily on the sound of one GIF clapping.

It depends on how much I like the people I’m Q’ing for.

_________________
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ispa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:40 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:02 pm
Posts: 6063
Lemmie wrote:
I take your point, Rockslider, and I apologize for the sarcasm.


No apology required, you have every right to be pissed.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ipsa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:52 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:53 am
Posts: 3622
Location: Oregon
Ceeboo wrote:
Do you fully accept people who post meaningless GIF's all over the board?

Res Ipsa wrote:
I meditate daily on the sound of one GIF clapping.


Image

_________________
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ispa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:13 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:37 pm
Posts: 5847
Location: On walkabout
Bret Ripley wrote:
If he's willing to do it, I say slap the golden bracelets on him before he comes to his senses. No doubt Res Ispa is an excellent choice. I'm just glad it isn't that Res Ipsa bastard. :wink:


Ok, I confess. I totally missed this the first time around. Too, too funny.

_________________
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DrW, Google [Bot] and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group