It is currently Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Should Res Ispa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:37 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Shulem wrote:
How does RI feel about Facsimile No. 3? That's all that matters to me.

I have a warm spot in my heart for fac. 3..

Well, in that case, I change my vote just to support Shulem.

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:51 pm 
Seedy Academician

I vote yes for making RI a mod.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:02 pm 
Hermit

Res should be made mod even if he doesn't want to be. He should be forced to be a mod, for the greater good of the board.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:04 pm 
God

And then rise on the third day to redeem us all from our sins.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:04 pm 
Seedy Academician

Dean Robbers has spoken.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:40 pm 
Founder & Visionary

Lemmie wrote:
Hey Dr. Shades I DID NOT ASK YOU TO SPLIT OUT THE PLAGIARISM THREAD!!!!

Indeed you didn't (read on).

Quote:
I only asked if posts could be copied over to a documentation thread. I didn't hear back from you on that, so I have begun to do it myself. I can finish that off myself, there are less than 70 documentation posts out of over 500 on that thread.

Right, but merely copying a post would falsely make it look as though I was the originator of the content (since my username would attach). In order to preserve the original posters' names, I'd need to move the actual post. . . which amounts to "splitting" each such post out of the original thread anyway.

Quote:
Whatever else needs to be done on that thread I have no control over, I already contacted the mods and rescinded my reports on page 15 once I realized Jesse Pinkman had no intention of respecting my request to stop the foul language and talking about being "attacked."

It's all good; I'll have to respond to all reports sooner or later anyway. I think that categorizing all posts within one of the two relevant threads will render most or all of them moot, though.

Doctor Scratch wrote:
If I may offer a suggestion: I don't think the best solution here is the kind of "splitting" you are suggesting; rather, I would recommend putting the main offending poster on the queue.

Point noted, but that wouldn't alleviate the posts that have already been made (within that thread only).

--Fence Sitter, 04-05-2018

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:01 pm 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
Lemmie wrote:
Hey Dr. Shades I DID NOT ASK YOU TO SPLIT OUT THE PLAGIARISM THREAD!!!!

Indeed you didn't (read on).

Quote:
I only asked if posts could be copied over to a documentation thread. I didn't hear back from you on that, so I have begun to do it myself. I can finish that off myself, there are less than 70 documentation posts out of over 500 on that thread.

Right, but merely copying a post would falsely make it look as though I was the originator of the content (since my username would attach). In order to preserve the original posters' names, I'd need to move the actual post. . . which amounts to "splitting" each such post out of the original thread anyway.
which is why I very specifically asked you if it would be possible to do.
Lemmie wrote:
Whatever else needs to be done on that thread I have no control over, I already contacted the mods and rescinded my reports on page 15 once I realized Jesse Pinkman had no intention of respecting my request to stop the foul language and talking about being "attacked."

dr. shades wrote:
It's all good; I'll have to respond to all reports sooner or later anyway. I think that categorizing all posts within one of the two relevant threads will render most or all of them moot, though.
I have no idea what you mean by that, nor do I have any clue what your plans are regarding the plagiarism thread, but I will step out and leave that in your capable hands.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:39 pm 
God

Wouldn’t it have been simply to make RI a moderator, get the work on removing the attempts to drown the thread done and, hey presto, no need for pages/days long thread talking about what to do?

I’ve an idea, just do it already!

“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”
― Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Prize Winner, 'Thinking, Fast and Slow'

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:53 pm 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:

Quote feature.

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:53 am 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
The mods here are required to mod as a clone of Shades.
I think a true clone of Shades would probably point out that your handle is misspelled in the opening post and thread title. It may be a test.

More importantly: thanks for volunteering to help out here. I'd be hard pressed to think of a better candidate.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:07 am 
God

Bret Ripley wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
The mods here are required to mod as a clone of Shades.
I think a true clone of Shades would probably point out that your handle is misspelled in the opening post and thread title. It may be a test.

More importantly: thanks for volunteering to help out here. I'd be hard pressed to think of a better candidate.

Mr. Rilpey,

This is Shades's forum. He is allowed to correct our grammar, not the other way around.

:wink:

"The lives we lead now are not dress rehearsals, they are the only performance we have. Therefore what matters is what we have here, the people we know and and love and the good we can do for the world"
Sean Carroll

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:00 pm 
Sunbeam

I vote yes on behalf of the former NOM refugees and lurkers.

RR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:52 pm 
Founder & Visionary

I have a question wrote:
Wouldn’t it have been simply to make RI a moderator, get the work on removing the attempts to drown the thread done and, hey presto, no need for pages/days long thread talking about what to do?

You're quite correct. But a personal project has been taking up my free time of late. I'll get to this as soon as I can.

Quote:

I can't argue with that.

Jersey Girl wrote:
Quote feature.

That'd look too sloppy.

--Fence Sitter, 04-05-2018

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:15 pm 
God

I have a question wrote:

Shades has always gotten feedback from board posters before adding anyone to the Moderating Team. It is the kind of transparency that has made Shades’ board a successful venture.

Patience is obviously not one of your virtues. :rolleyes:

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MormonDiscussions.com.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MormonDiscussions.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:35 pm 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
I can't argue with that.

Jersey Girl wrote:
Quote feature.

That'd look too sloppy.

Understand that that wasn't a proposal on my part. It was the workaround solution to your saying:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:36 pm 
God

Jesse Pinkman wrote:
Shades has always gotten feedback from board posters before adding anyone to the Moderating Team. It is the kind of transparency that has made Shades’ board a successful venture.

My irony meter just broke entirely.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:47 pm 
God

Jesse Pinkman wrote:
I have a question wrote:

Why are you trying to interject yourself into the conversation between me and Shades? Run out of opportunities elsewhere to clumsily and obviously manufacture a self-absorbed personal drama to try and feel elevated in terms of your own importance?

*I apologise to Shades for responding to your obvious trolling. I won’t be replying again, you don’t merit my time.

“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”
― Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Prize Winner, 'Thinking, Fast and Slow'

Post subject: Re: Should Res Ipsa be made a moderator?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:52 pm 
God

I vote no. I'll leave.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:59 pm 
Stake High Council

Yahoo Bot wrote:
I vote no. I'll leave.

I think you just lit a fire under the campaign to elect him.

On the flip I wonder how many would leave if you were made the sole moderator. Why we might not have a board at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:09 pm 
God

Yahoo Bot wrote:
I vote no. I'll leave.

Would you care to state your reason(s) why you vote no?

"I do admit Joseph Smith faked the facsimile translation. . . Facsimiles. . . lies"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:09 pm 
God

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Why are you trying to interject yourself into the conversation between me and Shades? Run out of opportunities elsewhere to clumsily and obviously manufacture a self-absorbed personal drama to try and feel elevated in terms of your own importance?

*I apologise to Shades for responding to your obvious trolling. I won’t be replying again, you don’t merit my time.

My, my. Aren’t we sensitive? I just called you on your obvious rudeness to the founder of our site. I have as much a right to comment here as anyone. You weren’t having a private conversation. You acted like an ass for everyone to see. I just called you on it.

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MormonDiscussions.com.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MormonDiscussions.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next