Contains writings to be had in the Holy Temple of God

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Contains writings to be had in the Holy Temple of God

Post by _Shulem »

Any TBM's want to take a crack at it? Defend your prophet, Joseph Blow Smith?

I have found when it comes to the Book of Abraham, Mormons are COWARDS and will hide and creep away rather than face the monster in Joseph Smith's papyrus. Remember zerinus, the foolish little boy who once stalked this board? The papyrus ate him and he's no more.

Joseph Smith wrote:The Book of Abraham
Translated from the Papyrus, by Joseph Smith
A Facsimile from the Book of Abraham No. 2

Explanation

Fig. 8. Contains writings that cannot be revealed unto the world; but is to be had in the Holy Temple of God.

Just what in God's name is in Fig. 8 that is had in the Nauvoo Temple?

Speak up, TBM's, I can't hear you!

Have you no answer?

I say, "Behold the silence out of the cowardly mouths of Mormons."

That includes you too, Nightlion, you cowardly false prophet hiding under Joe's skirt!
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: Contains writings to be had in the Holy Temple of God

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Actually, this is a false report of Shulem.

Shulem said
Remember zerinus, the foolish little boy who once stalked this board? The papyrus ate him and he's no more.

It was Shulem who spanked Zerinus off to the coast of Zarahemla ... :biggrin:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

I spent many boring sundays in testimony mtg wondering what those words were, also those mysterious numbers. Those numbers have to be something more important than pi or fibonacci numbers. They just have to be part of the key to the universe if not the very keys. I wonder why scientists haven't studied them?
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Exiled wrote:I spent many boring sundays in testimony mtg wondering what those words were, also those mysterious numbers. Those numbers have to be something more important than pi or fibonacci numbers. They just have to be part of the key to the universe if not the very keys. I wonder why scientists haven't studied them?

Well, you'll note that Joseph Smith said that those things CANNOT be revealed unto the world but are only had in the Temple of God. So, whatever is contained in the register of Fig. 8 is entirely related to the temple. One would have to suppose that Smith was referring to the newly built temple of God built by the saints in Nauvoo. One may suppose that the mysteries of the Mormon temple ceremony stolen from the Masons and things pertaining thereof are supposedly in Fig. 8.

All this, of course, is something the church has never discussed. The church never will discuss it. Why? Because it's all a bunch of nonsense and the church today knows it. The church is a coward and refuses to own up to it's asinine claims.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Exiled wrote:I spent many boring sundays in testimony mtg wondering what those words were, also those mysterious numbers. Those numbers have to be something more important than pi or fibonacci numbers. They just have to be part of the key to the universe if not the very keys. I wonder why scientists haven't studied them?

Well, truth be told I don't think Smith was referring to numbers in that sense. I think he was referring to the typed numbers that labeled the registers -- hence a typed number for each figure. You'll note that Fig. 8. (number 8) contains writings in the register that cannot be revealed to the world but is had in the temple only, according to Smith, that is.

Fig. 9. (number 9) Ought not to be revealed

Fig. 10. (number 10) Also.

Fig. 11. (number 11) Also. If the world can find out these numbers, so let it be

Figures (numbers) 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, and 21 will be given in the own due time of the Lord

So, I pretty much get the idea that the word numbers simply refers to the typed numbers identifying the section of papyrus being interpreted.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

It can be found in that part of the endowment deleted by Brigham Young.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

consiglieri wrote:It can be found in that part of the endowment deleted by Brigham Young.

Now you see it, now you don't. That sums up the Mormon endowment -- constantly in flux, ever changing, and no explanations given for the reasons why. It's tricky sleight of hand dealt by leaders who maintain bloody cult rituals that are subject to change at any time and for any reason, known or unknown.

Mormonism is a mass of confusion. The tail doesn't know what the head is doing and neither the head the tail. The writings that cannot be revealed unto the world; but is to be had in the Holy Temple of God are nothing but a mystery.