It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What to expect from the next old white male Utahn.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:45 pm 
God

Quote:
Two years ago, senior apostle Russell M. Nelson stared straight into a camera at Brigham Young University-Hawaii and confidently confessed to a worldwide assembly of Mormon millennials that social science research bothers him.

“I am less interested in what the experts have to say about you,” the LDS prophet-in-waiting told a Young Adult global gathering via computers and satellites, “than what the Lord has told me about you.”

Among other divine messages, Nelson said, the church’s hotly disputed November 2015 policy — declaring same-sex LDS couples “apostates” and barring their children from Mormon rituals until they are 18 or older — was a “revelation.”

http://www.sltrib.com/religion/local/20 ... r-members/

Good luck millennials...

“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”
― Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Prize Winner, 'Thinking, Fast and Slow'

Post subject: Re: What to expect from the next old white male Utahn.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:35 pm 
God

Nelson seems to want to bring back some good old fashioned "revelation," a la Joseph Smith. I look forward to seeing how fast his "revelation" inventions can be falsified.

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:57 pm 
Stake High Council

Exiled wrote:
Nelson seems to want to bring back some good old fashioned "revelation," a la Joseph Smith. I look forward to seeing how fast his "revelation" inventions can be falsified.

I'd get a kick out of him if he starts spouting off in the name of the Lord and introducing some broken up King James attempted English as he does it.

"In the Name of our beloved Jehovah, ye child bearers who go gay ought not think it wise to let yer child be baptized, nor shall any bishop nor priest baptize a kid who has parents who sin against that which is natural in a fornication sense lest fiery balls of fury get tossed upon yer heads to your eternal damnation. And ye shall also cast out the parent, and calleth him an apostate, for he shall not dwell amongst you let he corrupteth my chosen, for thus saith the Lord of Hosts."

"A boy who turns 18 years of age shall forsake father and mother and fair maidens and go preach repentance unto the gentiles afar and also all maidens who fail in their duties to be betrothed or aren't fair when they are 19 years of age can go and preach repentance to those afar off as well; but she shall cleave unto the priesthood holder in her duties, lest she fall under condemnation, saith my God".

A couple of examples of what might have been if revelation was as it used to be.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:35 pm 
God

You ain't seen nothing yet. I'll whip this church into obedience. Obey me!

"I do admit Joseph Smith faked the facsimile translation. . . Facsimiles. . . lies"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:41 pm 
God

What was the last "revelation" from our beloved modern "prophets?" They never say thus sayeth the lord. Further, they are trying to say now that revelation occurs by committee as with the family proclamation. Seems like an admission that there isn't any "revelation" except some mundane corporate committee stuff that they slap a revelation name to.

Regards,

Your humble apostate :wink:

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

Last edited by Exiled on Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.