It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thomas S. Monson's Net Worth
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:47 pm 
God

This is being reported on the other board:

https://finapp.co.in/thomas-s-monson-net-worth/

If this is true, why did the prophet need 3 luxury cars worth close to a million dollars?

He didn't even drive. He was chauffered wherever he went.

Strange....

"I'm on sabbatical in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books." Daniel C. Peterson in 2012

Post subject: Re: Thomas S. Monson's Net Worth
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:10 pm 
God

Monson was a crook. He was a disgusting liar and a greedy man.

I'm so glad he's finally dead. I really disliked him.

"Say what you like. The figure which Joseph Smith identifies as the 'slave' is not an image of Anubis, nor is it functioning as Anubis in the image that is displayed."

Nightlion confessed:

"I do admit Joseph Smith faked the facsimile translation. . . . Facsimiles................lies"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:19 pm 
Nursery

Whoa. Sorry if I don't take that site's word for it. The grammar and layout do not engender confidence.

Quote:
Note that the team that have compiled the information on the Thomas S Monson Net Worth have best degrees in the Financial Certificate Courses that have provided by one of the well known Universities.

Really? Did Trump write this?

Quote:
What ever the base for the calculation of Thomas S Monson Net Worth is, you may still find few small errors and we take that as a badge if honour.

OK?

I sincerely hope no one takes this site seriously.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:49 pm 
God

Emower wrote:
Whoa. Sorry if I don't take that site's word for it. The grammar and layout do not engender confidence.

OK?

Right. I'm sure this is just fake news. Knowing that Monson has spent his whole life working for the church and only earning a "modest" annual salary, probably similar to a veteran teacher...maybe $50,000 to $70,000 a year. I would suspect his net worth would be similar to say a school teacher. Maybe $250,000 dollar house, a couple of old cars, 10-20 thousand in savings, and maybe 70-80 grand in retirements stocks and bonds.

Net worth $500,000 at best.

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:00 pm 
God

That per diem at the COB must be AWESOME!

- Doc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:27 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

I'm sure it is quite modest like all of the expenses, salaries and payment to church employees. I'm thinking Monson gets the similar per diem as a teacher who works for your school district: $10 - breakfast, $10 - lunch, $20 - dinner, .55 cents a mile.

Right?

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:55 pm 
the very elect

cwald wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

I'm sure it is quite modest like all of the expenses, salaries and payment to church employees. I'm thinking Monson gets the similar per diem as a teacher who works for your school district: $10 - breakfast, $10 - lunch, $20 - dinner, .55 cents a mile.

Right?

Yeahbutt, he was the leader of the most true church on earth®.

He had jayzuz on his team.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:21 am 
God

cwald wrote:

Right?

All we know are bits and flecks from the past, plus speculations. If a member of the Presiding Bishopric were to reveal the full information to anyone, he would then be obligated to terminate the information receiver. It is that sacred!

Knows one knows if the top brass receives more in terms of remuneration than just small stipends, although the ability to save the stipend money increases when coupled with a bottomless credit card provided by the Church. As the head of a Fortune 500 company, his after death assets seem modest. The Chairmen of Goldman Sachs and Disney get a lot more money.

While living, he was the sole owner of the wealthiest church in the world, with assets greater than many small nations, but those particular assets pass on to the sole ownership of the next CEO as per the articles of incorporation.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:16 am 
Apostle

cwald wrote:
Emower wrote:

OK?

Right. I'm sure this is just fake news. Knowing that Monson has spent his whole life working for the church and only earning a "modest" annual salary, probably similar to a veteran teacher...maybe $50,000 to $70,000 a year. I would suspect his net worth would be similar to say a school teacher. Maybe $250,000 dollar house, a couple of old cars, 10-20 thousand in savings, and maybe 70-80 grand in retirements stocks and bonds.

Well, according to the leaked docs, in 2014 the annual G.A. base living allowance was raised from $116,400 to $120,000. That was just the BASE. No telling what other forms of income they received on top of that base. Also interesting that it is referred to as a "paycheck".

https://www.docdroid.net/JlekSUK/first- ... owance.pdf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:15 am 
God

Jonah wrote:
Well, according to the leaked docs, in 2014 the annual G.A. base living allowance was raised from $116,400 to $120,000. That was just the BASE. No telling what other forms of income they received on top of that base. Also interesting that it is referred to as a "paycheck".

https://www.docdroid.net/JlekSUK/first- ... owance.pdf

The other thing worth noting is that the stipend is spending money. Disposable income. A lot of the living expenses that you or I pay - housing, clothes, travel and subsistence etc are paid for by the Church over and above of the stipend. For reference, I would suggest seeing the GA’s stipend like a Mission Presidents stipend in terms of what it does or does not cover.

“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”
― Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Prize Winner, 'Thinking, Fast and Slow'

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:14 am 
Stake President

cwald wrote:

I had an online debate with someone some years ago claiming that Monson lived in a hovel. I looked up his house (and had it verified by Grant Palmer as he has been to his house and knew his family growing up). It was a nice house and I think it had a market value back then of close to 400k as I recall. So it was nice but certainly not a mansion that some of the 12 have. Anyway, it was not the hovel the guy was claiming. I'm guessing his net worth, with so many things paid by the church would be north of $1M.

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:47 pm 
God

Harmony posted a thread here some years back stating that the net value of President Monson’s house was $1,000,000.00. I believe that the property value was correctly verified.

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MormonDiscussions.com.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MormonDiscussions.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:46 pm 
God

I'm just glad to see a legacy Mormon family is able to secure their present and future fortunes through the Church. This is truly what God meant when He wanted to establish the Kingdom of God on Earth.

Good on the Elect. Good for them.

- Doc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:01 pm 
Star B

Jesse Pinkman wrote:
Harmony posted a thread here some years back stating that the net value of President Monson’s house was $1,000,000.00. I believe that the property value was correctly verified.

And .... he owned a large 2nd home in Midway and a cabin at Sundance, IIRC. The Q15 homes are posted on
https://mormoninsider.wordpress.com/cat ... les-homes/.

Some of them have moved since then, and they've bought either newer and larger homes, or they were given condos at Eagle Gate in Salt Lake City.