Gospel Doctrine - Ending the Year With a Bang

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mormon Think
_Emeritus

Re: Gospel Doctrine - Ending the Year With a Bang

Post by _Mormon Think »

My hero. Way to go! I wish I was there to have enjoyed your class. I used to do some inoculation teaching in my day but nothing so bold as you.

Bill
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

If any of the hierarchy complains you could always ask, "Do you think I should have focused on the Book of Abraham instead?"
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_cinepro
_Emeritus

Post by _cinepro »

Craig Paxton wrote:My question is this. What point were you attempting to make for the members of your class with respect to the Steamship Saluda? Was there some prophacy made regarding the safe travel of immigrants that I am not aware of or was it some other point. Thanks

The story of the Saluda shows that while our impression of that era of Missouri history is that "Missouri = bad", there was this instance of kindness and charity on their part. It's just a slightly positive footnote to the story of the Mormon history in Missouri.
_cinepro
_Emeritus

Post by _cinepro »

moksha wrote:If any of the hierarchy complains you could always ask, "Do you think I should have focused on the Book of Abraham instead?"

I was going to end with the Book of Moses and the Book of Abraham to lead in to this year's study of the Old Testament, but ran out of time. If you look at the PowerPoint slides, they're at the end.
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Post by _Craig Paxton »

cinepro wrote:
Craig Paxton wrote:My question is this. What point were you attempting to make for the members of your class with respect to the Steamship Saluda? Was there some prophacy made regarding the safe travel of immigrants that I am not aware of or was it some other point. Thanks

The story of the Saluda shows that while our impression of that era of Missouri history is that "Missouri = bad", there was this instance of kindness and charity on their part. It's just a slightly positive footnote to the story of the Mormon history in Missouri.

**gotcha**
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

You are a sick and twisted individual.

What a waste of time.
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !