It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Sgt Nibley-another Paul Dunn?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:54 am 
God

:lol:

Mormon storytime everyone!

Hugh and Alex are liars. What a joke!

"Say what you like. The figure which Joseph Smith identifies as the 'slave' is not an image of Anubis, nor is it functioning as Anubis in the image that is displayed."

Nightlion confessed:

"I do admit Joseph Smith faked the facsimile translation. . . . Facsimiles................lies"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:24 am 
God

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:46 pm 
1st Quorum of Seventy

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
I dunno. Let me check the Book of Tales...

eta: Yep. pgs 286 & 287:

They talked about how they were supposed to assemble the gliders and how they were laughing their heads off. One of them said, "We were as drunk as lords! We did such a sloppy job; we didn't put all the pins on!" And they laughed like it was the biggest joke in the world. "We were having fun! We left out half the pins in the darn things!" They didn't know I'd been in one of those gliders. So that's why so many of them had fallen. Dozens of gliders had just fallen out of the sky because they weren't completely put together because the people who assembled them were drunk.

- Doc

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:00 pm 
God

i ran out of steam reading at about the same spot doc did- i could not take it anymore- the manure was so so deep. i will pickup later when i recover my sanity. i can't believe any editor would let this get through. it truly is a novel.

by the way is alex Nibley still alive- i want to contact him.

k

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:25 pm 
God

kairos wrote:
i ran out of steam reading at about the same spot doc did- i could not take it anymore- the manure was so so deep. i will pickup later when i recover my sanity. i can't believe any editor would let this get through. it truly is a novel.

by the way is alex Nibley still alive- i want to contact him.

k

http://www.alexnibley.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexnibley
https://talentmg.com/talent/alex-nibley
https://twitter.com/alex_nibley?lang=en

I don't heed advise, dietary practices, criticism, moral guidance, social causes, political views or job advice from someone who worships a man who had sexual relations with little girls and other men's wives. https://www.LDS.org/topics/plural-marri ... o?lang=eng

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:49 pm 
God

As an interesting aside, I rando opened the book to pages 302-304 and read a letter of his to what was probably a male love interest of his. He's very affectionate toward a "Paul Springer" calling him "Sweet Stuff" and "Snookums" wishing that Mr. Springer could visit him in 'astral form'. This makes sense since, apparently, his mother was an incredibly strong and overbearing presence in his life (you just have to read the book and his descriptions of and letters to her to understand). I think it's this same guy he wrote, the letter is detailed on pgs 313 & 314 where he endearingly describes the male's appearance thusly, "... in which case I hope to have a glimpse of your rude but noble countenance..." and ____ talks the guy's wife a bit. He reassures the man of his devotions and ends the letter in "Love & Kisses (free trial package).

So.

There you go. That's what gay Mormons used to do before they had mormonandgay.LDS.org.

I'm returning the book either today or tomorrow, so let me know if you have any last requests!

- Doc

Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:00 pm 
God

I just wanted to say that I read all of your descriptions and as a D/W who of course never saw combat (unless you count the commissary on pay day), I enjoyed every single one of your narratives. They were informative and entertaining, Cam.

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:19 pm 
God

Would it be a derail to speculate if Daddy's er, creativity might have been inheritable?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martha_Beck

Breaking the Cycle of Compulsive Behavior[edit]
Beck's first book, coauthored with her husband, John Beck, Breaking the Cycle of Compulsive Behavior, treated homosexuality as one of several "compulsive behaviors," like bulimia.[6][7] However, both Martha Beck and her now-ex-husband subsequently came out publicly as gay[8] and have stated that they no longer consider homosexuality a form of compulsive behavior.[9]

Some members of Nibley's surviving family also challenge Beck's allegations by pointing out inconsistencies in her descriptions of events to various media sources[13] and her use of self-hypnosis to intentionally recover the memories.[15][13]

--Martin Luther King, Jr.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:30 am 
1st Counselor

A gay Nibley is big news, but what about an occultist Nibley?

His reference to his boyfriend visiting him in "astral" form is very significant. The term "astral" literally just means "star-like", but in practice it tended to be used in Nibs' time by followers of esoteric philosophy. The notion of a non-physical astral body was popularised by the Russian occultist Madame Blavatsky and her followers. It's not the sort of idea that a person would stumble on by accident.

It is interesting that Nibs could use such a concept so casually in a letter, presumably with the assumption that his beau would understand it without further explanation. I wonder where he picked it up. I'm guessing it wasn't in seminary. He did study in California, I suppose.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:48 am 
God

"Teach a man to believe and you will have a follower. Teach a man to fib and you will have an apologist."
-- Dr. Hugh Nibley, Experimental Psychologist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:35 pm 
God

Note: I provided the National Archives with Hugh Nibley's full name, branch of service, and approximate dates of service. Also, all veterans' records over 50 years (maybe 60) are a matter of public record.

eta: I did submit an online request, too. So we'll see if anything comes up that way.

- Doc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:22 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Note: I provided the National Archives with Hugh Nibley's full name, branch of service, and approximate dates of service. Also, all veterans' records over 50 years (maybe 60) are a matter of public record.

eta: I did submit an online request, too. So we'll see if anything comes up that way.

- Doc

being the nibster has passed on to the great battleground in the sky his ssn should be available in the social security dead file- if that is true i will try to find it- notice that alex did nibs dd214 but it is 90% covered in the book.

thanx for doing this.
k

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:49 pm 
God

kairos wrote:
being the nibster has passed on to the great battleground in the sky his ssn should be available in the social security dead file- if that is true i will try to find it- notice that alex did nibs dd214 but it is 90% covered in the book.

thanx for doing this.
k

nibs serial number not ssn is 19160134 retrieved from truth finder where i have a limited account- will look for more - middle initial is W stands for Winder .nibs military serial number came from national archives enlistment records for wwII.

k

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:17 pm 
God

What happens next, Doc?

--Martin Luther King, Jr.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:43 pm 
God

Maksutov wrote:
What happens next, Doc?

I suppose I could call the guy on the letter with the serial number Kairos provided. I can also wait and see if my other request turns anything up. The bottom line is Nibley ought to have a service record, so this is a bit of a mystery right now because if you have a 214 you have more in your archived record than just the 214 itself. There has to be various verifying records of your service.

- Doc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:40 pm 
God

i was hoping the dd215 would give actual unit assignments and awards/decorations which tell a lot about one's service. for example my reading is nibs never was assigned to the 101st abn just attached from a intel unit so i do not think he would wear the screaming eagle patch. i know i was attached to 4th armored div on an exercise in Germany - my unit patch stayed on my left shoulder- we would say we supported the 4th armored div- now one can be attached for rations/food, billeting/housing, even military justice/ucmj -not the same a assigned to the division it self.
k

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:13 pm 
God

Ok. I'm calling them right now. They have me on hold.

eta: On hold for 15 mins. Meh. I'm not motivated enough to stay on the line for any longer. Sorry guys.

- Doc

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5