It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: NEW BOOK OF ABRAHAM FACSIMILE NO. 3​​ WEBSITE
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:09 pm 
God

delete

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

Last edited by Jersey Girl on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:20 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Shulem wrote:
LEAD!

kisses and hugs!!

#Makemedinner #Cleanmyhouse #HappyNewYearBaby

I owe you! You're so smart, for a girl.

:lol:

And when the landing spot of the arrow is moved, RE-DRAW THE TARGET. (Polygamy-Porter)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:23 pm 
God

#I'mfromJersey #Youcan'tstopme

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:29 pm 
God

Mike Ash says they're woodcuts

https://www.fairmormon.org/conference/a ... Egyptology

Church says lead.

:surprised:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:46 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:

Church says lead.

The term woodcut is a misnomer as I just learned today. The lead plates are screwed into woodcuts as you can see in the enlarged photos, especially Facsimile No. 2:

Facsimile Printing Plates

Whether Mike Ash knows this or not I cannot say. Perhaps I'm the only dummy! I always assumed they were blocks of wood.

And when the landing spot of the arrow is moved, RE-DRAW THE TARGET. (Polygamy-Porter)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:53 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:

Church says lead.

:lol:

Mike Ash apologetics features so-called "Evidences Supporting an Authentically Ancient Book of Abraham"

I'm more interested in evidences supporting an authentically image of Anubis on the lead plate!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:58 pm 
Area Authority

Shulem, I request that on your website you outline your interpretation of the shape of the deleted snout. There is certainly a distinct form near the face, in the background, that seems unusual. Can you be more specific in demonstrating what you see?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:19 pm 
God

tana wrote:
Shulem, I request that on your website you outline your interpretation of the shape of the deleted snout. There is certainly a distinct form near the face, in the background, that seems unusual. Can you be more specific in demonstrating what you see?

It's already there. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the pics:

1. First ever restoration of the lead plate​​ snout
2. First ever redesign of the lead plate​​ snout

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:46 pm 
God

I propose that Hedlock used his engraving tools and cut and scraped the snout off. What we have left is a footprint of what was originally raised relief. Looking at the church website reveals considerable detail. Look closely and study it. It seems so glaringly obvious.

Facsimile No. 3 lead plate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:15 am 
God

tana wrote:
Now, I am no big fan of end-zone chicken dance celebrations, but will make exceptions. I kinda think you're a little premature, and need some more research. When you do pin this down though, count me in on your skit. (end-zone dance skits are the craze right now in the NFL) Get it done Shu, I'm rooting for you!

Well, when has Anubis ever been portrayed in Egyptian art without a jackal snout? Anubis is a jackal and so it's reasonable to expect that the original vignette showed him as a jackal just as the original vignette must have shown Isis, Osiris, and Hor for who and what they are. The Facsimile proves that Maat has a feather on her head just as she should. The Facsimile proves Isis and Osiris are as they should be. Osiris has his crook and flail and Isis is crowned with the sun. The problem is with Anubis who is missing his snout. Something is wrong there. It doesn't add up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:03 pm 
Stake President

Shulem wrote:
LEAD!

kisses and hugs!!

Maybe he melted down the fake lead plates he made from the Book of Mormon prop.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:10 pm 
God

Shulem wrote:
I propose that Hedlock used his engraving tools and cut and scraped the snout off. What we have left is a footprint of what was originally raised relief. Looking at the church website reveals considerable detail. Look closely and study it. It seems so glaringly obvious.

Why was there a snout on the printing plate to begin with?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:03 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Shulem wrote:

Why was there a snout on the printing plate to begin with?

Why do YOU think it was?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:17 pm 
God

To the LDS church:

I respectively request that you restore the jackal snout of the god Anubis in your published version of Facsimile No. 3 and remove the label “slave” from the official Explanation. The original papyrus (now lost) would have certainly portrayed Anubis with a jackal snout and the hieroglyphic writing above the figure attributes this person as a god, not a slave.

Please make these corrections immediately without delay. Also, an apology for offending the Egyptian religion and defacing one of the gods would be appreciated and highly appropriate.

Thank you,

Shulem

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:46 pm 
God

Special thanks to Mormon Think for mentioning my new website showcasing the Facsimile No. 3 to include the recent discovery of the missing jackal head. LDS apologists better get cracking on their apologetic excuses. Rest assured, I'll swat them down.

Mormon Think

Mormon Think wrote:
Analysis of the original woodcuts of facsimile 3

A very interesting and insightful analysis of the original engraving plates from which the images of facsimile 3 were made has been done and continued to be researched by Paul Osborne, a knowledgeable Mormon researcher with a passion for studying the Book of Abraham.

By analyzing the engraving plate, which he believes is made from lead and not a woodcut as commonly reported, clearly indicates that figure 6 in facsimile 3 was altered before the prints of it were made and inserted in the copies of the Book of Abraham we all have today.

Figure 6, which Joseph declared is Olimlah, a slave belonging to the prince, was in fact the jackal-headed god Anubis. Enlarged photos of the engraving plates seem to indicate that the snout of the jackal head was scraped away.

What likely happened was that the person that first made the engraving plate copied the image exactly as shown on the original papyri. Then he, presumably at the prophet Joseph's direction, etched away the snout so Joseph could claim the figure was a slave and not be confused with an Egyptian deity.

For details on the theory, what Joseph's motivations for doing this may have been and excellent images of the engraving plates, see:

Facsimile 3 research site: http://book-of-abraham-facsimile-no-3.my-free.website/

Note: on some browsers the images do not display the entire image so the zoom needs changed. For example, in Chrome, In the upper corner in the bar the 'customize and Google Chrome icon' is 3 vertical dots. Press it and change the zoom setting and it will change the view.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:07 pm 
God

Shulem wrote:
Special thanks to Mormon Think for mentioning my new website showcasing the Facsimile No. 3

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:58 pm 
God

Paul I am voting 10. Even though these funeral texts are common they are each unique. But all that contain the Jackal seem to be the same. Seems to me the woodcut was modified to not look like a Jackal.

2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:30 pm 
God

Shulem, please include an up-to-date vote tally and your comments regarding the outcome.

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MormonDiscussions.com.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MormonDiscussions.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:00 pm 
God

Jesse Pinkman wrote:
Shulem, please include an up-to-date vote tally and your comments regarding the outcome.

Current votes ( I hope I didn't miss anyone)

10 Shulem
8-9 Fence Sitter
8-9 Themis
8.9 deacon blues
8-9 Philo Sofee
8-9 Sanctorian
3 abinadi_fire
9 Symmachus
3 The Dude
10 Jesse Pinkman
10 DonBradley
8-9 tana
10 Jersey Girl
10+ Doctor CamNC4Me
10 Tator
5 Res Ipsa

My only comments about the voting outcome thus far is that I'm disappointed that more people haven't voted. Dr. Scratch - zilch. Shades -- nothing. You'd think people could at least look at the lead plate available on the church website and make an educated guess based on their own intelligent reasoning. It's not like this thing hasn't been publicized heavily on this board. I've been practically screaming at the top of my lungs and still, board members are either lazy, sheepish, or just don't give a damn.

What do I have to do? Get a stick out and start poking people? Jesus.

:mad:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:30 pm 
God

Shulem wrote:
Jesse Pinkman wrote:

Current votes ( I hope I didn't miss anyone)

10 Shulem
8-9 Fence Sitter
8-9 Themis
8.9 deacon blues
8-9 Philo Sofee
8-9 Sanctorian
3 abinadi_fire
9 Symmachus
3 The Dude
10 Jesse Pinkman
10 DonBradley
8-9 tana
10 Jersey Girl
10+ Doctor CamNC4Me
10 Tator
5 Res Ipsa

My only comments about the voting outcome thus far is that I'm disappointed that more people haven't voted. Dr. Scratch - zilch. Shades -- nothing. You'd think people could at least look at the lead plate available on the church website and make an educated guess based on their own intelligent reasoning. It's not like this thing hasn't been publicized heavily on this board. I've been practically screaming at the top of my lungs and still, board members are either lazy, sheepish, or just don't give a damn.

What do I have to do? Get a stick out and start poking people? Jesus.

:mad:

LOL

I am intrigued by the high voting scores by folks who are knowledgeable about various religious studies.

Don Bradley and Philo both voted on the high side. I think this should be good confirmation to you that you’re on the right track.

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MormonDiscussions.com.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MormonDiscussions.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:45 pm 
God

Jesse Pinkman wrote:
I am intrigued by the high voting scores by folks who are knowledgeable about various religious studies.

Don Bradley and Philo both voted on the high side. I think this should be good confirmation to you that you’re on the right track.

The ONLY thing that could have been scraped and removed from the original lead carving would have been a jackal snout being faithfully copied from the papyrus and transposed into the lead plate by Hedlock himself. I think my theory about Joseph Smith coming along and having the snout removed is right on track with exactly what happened. I challenge anyone else to come up with a better theory once it's realized by all parties that a snout was original to the carving.

Both the critics and the apologists can tender their own theories but I think mine is spot on. All of this is terrible news for the church and the member apologists who defend it. It's bad news too for the leaders because its more evidence on the existing mountain of evidence that proves the Book of Abraham is a fraud. It will make it that much more difficult for them to bear testimony that they know the Book of Abraham is the word of God.

I have to think that it won't be too long and the Facsimiles will be removed from LDS canon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next