It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: BOOK OF ABRAHAM FACSIMILE NO. 3​​ WEBSITE
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:38 pm 
God

It's Joseph Smith's birthday and here comes Christmas! Without any further ado, I hereby announce my new website featuring the Facsimile No. 3 and it also introduces the discovery of the missing snout on the woodcut lead plate. Make sure you set your browsers to view the full page and simply scroll and enjoy.

Have a cup of coffee or tea. A glass of wine would be nice.

Enjoy:

http://book-of-abraham-facsimile-no-3.my-free.website/

:smile:

"Say what you like. The figure which Joseph Smith identifies as the 'slave' is not an image of Anubis, nor is it functioning as Anubis in the image that is displayed."

Nightlion confessed:

"I do admit Joseph Smith faked the facsimile translation. . . . Facsimiles................lies"

Last edited by Shulem on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: THE BOOK OF ABRAHAM FACSIMILE NO. 3​​ WEBSITE
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:39 pm 
God

Awesome, Shulem! take a look again at the picture placement in the section titled Commentary, the pictures from there to the end seem to be covering parts of your print. I tried at different zoom percentages, they still block words. From what I could read, very powerful presentation--looking forward to reading the rest.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:28 pm 
God

Lemmie wrote:
Awesome, Shulem! take a look again at the picture placement in the section titled Commentary, the pictures from there to the end seem to be covering parts of your print. I tried at different zoom percentages, they still block words. From what I could read, very powerful presentation--looking forward to reading the rest.

:redface:

Thanks! I fixed the errors.

"Say what you like. The figure which Joseph Smith identifies as the 'slave' is not an image of Anubis, nor is it functioning as Anubis in the image that is displayed."

Nightlion confessed:

"I do admit Joseph Smith faked the facsimile translation. . . . Facsimiles................lies"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:56 am 
God

Very nice. I rather like it a lot! Thanks for all the hard work, now git yer Christmas shopping done amigo!

"Scientism as a criticism most often is leveled by someone who wants to suggest dogmatic, unthinking devotion to science as a strawman criticism of someone deploying science against something they'd prefer to believe." - EAllusion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:57 am 
Prophet

This is a fine presentation. The story about Gustavus Seyffarth was very interesting. Thanks for the work, Shulem. :smile:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:45 pm 
God

For whatever reason, and maybe this is a Chrome browser thing, but I'm only seeing ~3/4 of the presentation. It's like I'm zoomed in. Am I doing something wrong?

- Doc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:55 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
For whatever reason, and maybe this is a Chrome browser thing, but I'm only seeing ~3/4 of the presentation. It's like I'm zoomed in. Am I doing something wrong?

- Doc

Reduce your screen resolution and take another look.

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:58 pm 
God

Jersey, not sure how to do that. Advice?

Israeli Archaeologist Israel Finkelstein " For if there were no patriarchs no Exodus,no conquest of Canaan -and no prosperous united monarchy under David & Solomon- can we say that early biblical Israel as described in the Five Books of Mosesand the books of JoshuaJudgesand Samuel ever existed at all?" The Bible Unearthed p.124.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:06 pm 
God

aussieguy55 wrote:
Jersey, not sure how to do that. Advice?

Are you using Microsoft?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:10 pm 
God

Shulem the translations of the letters above the figures?What source did you use for example the words about Osiris. ?

Israeli Archaeologist Israel Finkelstein " For if there were no patriarchs no Exodus,no conquest of Canaan -and no prosperous united monarchy under David & Solomon- can we say that early biblical Israel as described in the Five Books of Mosesand the books of JoshuaJudgesand Samuel ever existed at all?" The Bible Unearthed p.124.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:14 pm 
God

It's hilarious that anyone is asking me of all people how to do something on a computer. :lol: Okay, I'll put my total ignorance on display.

Click the Start Button
Scroll down to Settings
Click Settings
Click and Open System
Click and Open Display
At the very bottom...Click Advanced Display Settings
You'll see a box to adjust your screen resolution.

On my laptop, to the top right of any window is this: ...

If I click that, I can adjust the screen resolution instantly.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:33 pm 
God

Shulem how do mopologists like DanP get by the translations above the heads of each figure? I know they say something about men dressed in female attire (Much like J Edgar Hoover and one of Brigham Young's sons)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:37 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

I use Chrome too. In the far corner of the top bar open the "Custom and control Google Chrome" (icon consisting of 3 vertical dots) and change your zoom setting in that tab. This process takes about 5 seconds.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy

Nightlion confessed:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:41 pm 
God

aussieguy55 wrote:
Shulem the translations of the letters above the figures?What source did you use for example the words about Osiris. ?

It's a standard Egyptian translation. Sources and information can be more fully appreciated at Mormon Think:

http://www.mormonthink.com/book-of-abraham-issues.htm

Nightlion confessed:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:12 pm 
God

aussieguy55 wrote:
Shulem how do mopologists like DanP get by the translations above the heads of each figure? I know they say something about men dressed in female attire (Much like J Edgar Hoover and one of Brigham Young's sons)

They don't.

Search these threads, for they are true and faithful:

First Presidency bears testimony of Facsimile No. 3
Shulem converses with elder Holland about Facsimile No. 3!!!
Facsimile No. 3 lies
Facsimile 3 Assessed and found fraudulent
FAIRMORMON -- Facsimile No. 3 -- my comments
LDS Egyptologist Muhlestein on Facsimile 3
Olimlah, a slave belonging to the prince.
Wm. Schryver: Where is the name "Shulem" in Facsimile No. 3?
LDS.ORG Essay fails to defend Facsimile No. 3
For Paul -- The Facsimiles of the Book of Abraham
Facsimile No. 3 printing plate reveals jackal head Anubis

Nightlion confessed:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:58 pm 
God

Wow. That's really well done. Have you been sharing the link on other media platforms? r/exmormon has over 63k subscribed readers. I suggest starting there.

- Doc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:06 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wow. That's really well done. Have you been sharing the link on other media platforms? r/exmormon has over 63k subscribed readers. I suggest starting there.

- Doc

Would you be so kind as to share the link at r/exmormon, if you can? I'd be grateful if you would.

Nightlion confessed:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:55 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

A VERY good idea.......

"Scientism as a criticism most often is leveled by someone who wants to suggest dogmatic, unthinking devotion to science as a strawman criticism of someone deploying science against something they'd prefer to believe." - EAllusion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:54 am 
God

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the fact that the writing in the register above the missing snout was not capped off in box form as other registers are. You'll notice that the jackal ear atop the head is given precedence and therefore the bottom of that register is NOT capped off because that would in effect chop into the ear itself. This is further proof that the jackal ear is in fact a jackal ear. LDS apologists can't spin that any other way and zerinus is that much more a FOOL!

Where is zerinus, that COWARD? He's probably curled up in a ball in a fetal position crying over his Book of Abraham mishap with me. Poor zerinus, what a baby or as Philo says, "child".

:lol:

Clearly, the missing snout has its own space and the written registers about it seem to respect that.

Comments anyone?

Nightlion confessed:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:07 am 
God

I refer to Dee Jay Nelson's reconstruction of Facsimile No. 3 wherein the jackal head is restored and the hieroglyphs are legible. See link below:

Facsimile No. 3 Reconstruction

The discovery of the missing snout on the woodcut lead plate has strengthened the above interpretation to beyond refutation.

The critics have won. The LDS apologists are the big losers and it's going to get worse for them! I see a ship taking in water and sinking. Poor Nibley is rolling in his grave.

:lol:

Merry Smithmas, everyone!

Nightlion confessed:

Last edited by Shulem on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:24 pm 
God

I think something like the work of Israeli archaeologist Israel Finkelstein can kick the Book of Abraham story to the curb. If Van Peters and Thompson are right there was no Abraham using domesticated camels. The work of Biblical scholars who Nibley like to cite like Albright has been superseded by scholars like Finkelstein who use both marco archaeology and micro archaeology to test sites for dating etc

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next