It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: NEW BOOK OF ABRAHAM FACSIMILE NO. 3​​ WEBSITE
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:08 am 
God

Shulem wrote:
Maksutov wrote:
What he said.

But what do you say, 1-10? I don't believe you've voted, Maksutov. You need to voice your opinion so I can add you to the list.

My vote would be in the 90% range, so 9.0 it is.

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."

Post subject: Re: NEW BOOK OF ABRAHAM FACSIMILE NO. 3​​ WEBSITE
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:51 am 
God

DrW wrote:
My vote would be in the 90% range, so 9.0 it is.

Thank you for chiming in and voicing your vote, DrW. It's hard to imagine that the area in front of the face wasn't originally a snout. The grain of the cuts and swipes and grooves used by engraving tools sure looks fishy. Just looking at it makes one wonder, "What happened to the snout"? The jackal's eye survived as did the ear, proudly erect. So where oh where did the snout go?

From what I gather, Joseph Smith committed 3 fatal errors against the god Anubis:

1. Declared he was a slave
2. Called him Olimlah which isn't even Egyptian
3. Deformed him by hacking off his snout

Joseph Smith's presentation is fraudulent in every way. It's offensive and defames the religion of the ancient Egyptians.

-------------------

10 Shulem
8-9 Fence Sitter
8-9 Themis
8.9 deacon blues
8-9 Philo Sofee
8-9 Sanctorian
3 abinadi_fire
9 Symmachus
3 The Dude
10 Jesse Pinkman
10 DonBradley
8-9 tana
10 Jersey Girl
10+ Doctor CamNC4Me
10 Tator
5 Res Ipsa
10 cwald
8 Lemmie
9.5 Everybody Wang Chung
9.5 Dr. Shades
10 grindael
8.5 Maksutov
9 DrW

Post subject: Re: BOOK OF ABRAHAM FACSIMILE NO. 3​​ WEBSITE
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:39 am 
God

I respectively request that mentalgymnast please vote his conscience about the missing jackal snout in the Facsimile No. 3 printing plate. It only takes a moment to enter your opinion: 1-10.

Thank you in advance.

[ ] mentalgymnast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:32 am 
God

Still waiting for mentalgymnast to respond:

THE BOOK OF ABRAHAM FACSIMILE NO. 3

Shulem wrote:
I respectively request that mentalgymnast please vote his conscience about the missing jackal snout in the Facsimile No. 3 printing plate. It only takes a moment to enter your opinion: 1-10.

Thank you in advance.

[ ] mentalgymnast

It tickled me to see this on Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum:

baura wrote:
The original woodcut still exists for facsimile 3. The
Anubis/Olimlah character evidently had a snout (like a jackal)
which was whittled down. On the woodcut you can see how it's
been chipped away to make a rounder, more-human face. But
there's absolutely, positively no question that the original had
a representation of jackal-headed Anubis.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:50 am 
God

Spotted a typo: "I am Osirs!" Should be "I am Osiris!"

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:27 am 
God

Runtu wrote:
Spotted a typo: "I am Osirs!" Should be "I am Osiris!"

Jesus H Christ! I Can't believe I did that. I'll have to fix it later --I don't remember the password to log on. lol

I find it amazing that the LDS church is still pretending that make-believe Hebrew Abraham is sitting atop an Egyptian throne in the image, form, and name of Osiris. The LDS church has no shame for their sacrilegious slander against the ancient Egyptian religion. The LDS church is guilty of slandering an entire race in an effort to supplant perverted lies in a modern day cover-up of international proportions.

Shame on the LDS church! Their leaders and apologists are wretched scum of the earth. Liars, all of them.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:40 am 
God

Shulem wrote:
Jesus H Christ! I Can't believe I did that. I'll have to fix it later --I don't remember the password to log on. lol

I find it amazing that the LDS church is still pretending that make-believe Hebrew Abraham is sitting atop an Egyptian throne in the image, form, and name of Osiris. The LDS church has no shame for their sacrilegious slander against the ancient Egyptian religion. The LDS church is guilty of slandering an entire race in an effort to supplant perverted lies in a modern day cover-up of international proportions.

Shame on the LDS church! Their leaders and apologists are wretched scum of the earth. Liars, all of them.

True story: When my youngest son was 11 or so, he learned about Egyptian mythology in school. He showed me what he had learned about Anubis, Osiris, and so on, and one of the things he had was a copy of the typical funeral scene depicted in facsimile one. I brought up the Joseph Smith Papyri original (without the Smith insertions) and asked my son what he thought. He said that Anubis' head was missing and that you could only see the wing from the bird representing Osiris. I then showed him the facsimile and asked him what he thought. He said, "That's stupid. Whoever did that didn't know anything."

To this day, my son is fascinated (borderline obsessed) with ancient history and religion. But even at 11, he knew BS when he saw it.

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:58 am 
God

Runtu wrote:
True story: When my youngest son was 11 or so, he learned about Egyptian mythology in school. He showed me what he had learned about Anubis, Osiris, and so on, and one of the things he had was a copy of the typical funeral scene depicted in facsimile one. I brought up the Joseph Smith Papyri original (without the Smith insertions) and asked my son what he thought. He said that Anubis' head was missing and that you could only see the wing from the bird representing Osiris. I then showed him the facsimile and asked him what he thought. He said, "That's stupid. Whoever did that didn't know anything."

To this day, my son is fascinated (borderline obsessed) with ancient history and religion. But even at 11, he knew BS when he saw it.

I'm confident that professor Hugh Nibley determined the same thing and drew the same conclusions. Nibley knew early on and full well that the Facsimile Explanations tendered by Joseph Smith were not correct Egyptian interpretations or translations. It must have been even more painful when the church recovered the lost papyri in the 1960's. Apologetic Book of Abraham spinning went into high gear, these spins and apologetic approaches were all done for the sole purpose to defend the church and maintain testimony that Joseph Smith was a prophet and translator.

Nibley was paid by the church to carry on a life of lying. He knew he was lying. He knew his apologetics was full of holes and that overwhelming evidence proved Joseph Smith faked his translations. He knew it all along but lied to keep his job. Nibley loved his job at BYU and his worldly status more than he loved the truth. He lived a lie and died a liar. He sold his soul to the church.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:10 pm 
God

Shulem wrote:
I'm confident that professor Hugh Nibley determined the same thing and drew the same conclusions. Nibley knew early on and full well that the Facsimile Explanations tendered by Joseph Smith were not correct Egyptian interpretations or translations. It must have been even more painful when the church recovered the lost papyri in the 1960's. Apologetic Book of Abraham spinning went into high gear, these spins and apologetic approaches were all done for the sole purpose to defend the church and maintain testimony that Joseph Smith was a prophet and translator.

Nibley was paid by the church to carry on a life of lying. He knew he was lying. He knew his apologetics was full of holes and that overwhelming evidence proved Joseph Smith faked his translations. He knew it all along but lied to keep his job. Nibley loved his job at BYU and his worldly status more than he loved the truth. He lived a lie and died a liar. He sold his soul to the church.

I'm not going to make any moral judgments about Hugh Nibley, but I've said before that it was when I realized I had sold my conscience and really my soul for the church that the shelf broke, and I knew I had to leave.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:13 pm 
God

Shulem wrote:

Runtu wrote:
I'm not going to make any moral judgments about Hugh Nibley, but I've said before that it was when I realized I had sold my conscience and really my soul for the church that the shelf broke, and I knew I had to leave.

The Grand Illusion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:20 pm 
God

RockSlider wrote:

Wow, I haven't heard Styx in at least 20 years. My sister had that album and listened to it a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:32 pm 
God

Runtu wrote:
Shulem wrote:

:lol: that's awesome. Give them the tools, and they learn for themselves, right?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:39 pm 
God

Lemmie wrote:
:lol: that's awesome. Give them the tools, and they learn for themselves, right?

At the time, I didn't tell him who the stupid person was. But I remember thinking that it was so obvious an 11 year old could see it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:53 pm 
God

Runtu wrote:
RockSlider wrote:

Wow, I haven't heard Styx in at least 20 years. My sister had that album and listened to it a lot.

For some reason, I got a vision of Hugh standing center stage as the ringmaster .. and his words ringing loud and clear 'Welcome to the Grand Illusion, pay the price, get your tickets for the show"

And when one's shelf starts to crumble: Man in the Wilderness

Last edited by RockSlider on Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:55 pm 
God

RockSlider wrote:
For some reason, I got a vision of Hugh standing center stage as the ringmaster .. and his words ringing loud and clear 'Welcome to the Grand Illusion, pay the price, get your tickets for the show"

Yes, the more I have read of Nibley, the less impressed I have become. That said, he may have been completely convinced he was in the right. That's what I mean about not making moral judgments.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:07 pm 
God

Runtu wrote:
Yes, the more I have read of Nibley, the less impressed I have become. That said, he may have been completely convinced he was in the right. That's what I mean about not making moral judgments.

THE THREE FACSIMILES FROM THE BOOK OF ABRAHAM Hugh W. Nibley (1980)

Hugh Nibley wrote:
1) is Joseph Smith's Explanation of the thing at all plausible--could such a thing have happened? The answer is emphatically "Yes".

2) Is there any reason for thinking that such a thing could have happened to Abraham? There is.

Perhaps the neatest bull's eye that the Prophet Joseph makes in the Explanations, is in designating Figure 5 in Facsimile No. 3 as "Shulem, one of King's principal waiters."

etc

Hugh Nibley was a liar. He knew better. He knew what the experts said. He twisted, distorted, and led people astray in his evil web of deception.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7