Proof of Historical Jesus?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Re: Proof of Historical Jesus?

Post by _MsJack »

Jesse Pinkman wrote:A wedding? Congratulations!

Thank you! He shares my faith and will make a great stepped-up-father. I'm very blessed to have found him.
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

MsJack wrote:

Thank you! He shares my faith and will make a great stepped-up-father. I'm very blessed to have found him.

That is awesome! I'm so happy for you!!!
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MDB.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _Bret Ripley »

Jesse Pinkman wrote:... Laurence Gardner’s book, “Bloodline of the Holy Grail”? ...
I was wondering if anyone here was familiar at all with the author, and if so, how accurate you think his work is?
for what it's worth, Gardner's book was briefly discussed here in 2016:
http://mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=970920#p970920

As to the quality of Gardner's work: it makes for a relatively safe alternative to hallucinogenic pharmaceuticals -- it gives me the same sort of buzz as R.A. Wilson's Illuminatus!
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

MsJack wrote:

I'm really enjoying the thread. Jack I am sure you are a blessing to him too. Congrats
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Jesse Pinkman wrote:... Laurence Gardner’s book, “Bloodline of the Holy Grail”? ...
I was wondering if anyone here was familiar at all with the author, and if so, how accurate you think his work is?
for what it's worth, Gardner's book was briefly discussed here in 2016:
http://mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=970920#p970920

As to the quality of Gardner's work: it makes for a relatively safe alternative to hallucinogenic pharmaceuticals -- it gives me the same sort of buzz as R.A. Wilson's Illuminatus!

LOL!!!

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

MsJack wrote:

I'm really enjoying the thread. Jack I am sure you are a blessing to him too. Congrats

I’m glad you’re enjoying the thread, Tator! :biggrin:

I’ve learned quite a bit in the short amount of time I started it. And I am also so happy for Jack.

I got an email from Amazon that my Bible should be delivered tomorrow. I’m excited to start reading it. I’m sure I’ll have comments and questions as I go along. I really appreciate all of the suggestions of writings.

Post by _MsJack »

Tator wrote:Jack I am sure you are a blessing to him too. Congrats

Thanks! Gave the event its own thread in Spirit Paradise: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48117
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

I just got my Bible! I’m really excited to start studying it! Thanks for all of the suggestions, guys!

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Oh joy. Remember, the New Testament is NOT chronological. The epistles are the earliest in age, the Gospels are later. Mark, by conventional and evidential analysis using a little logic is the first written Gospel, Matthew and Luke use him to give their own version of things. John is way the hell out there in lala land.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Philo Sofee wrote:Oh joy. Remember, the New Testament is NOT chronological. The epistles are the earliest in age, the Gospels are later. Mark, by conventional and evidential analysis using a little logic is the first written Gospel, Matthew and Luke use him to give their own version of things. John is way the hell out there in lala land.

Thanks for telling me that. I’m really thrilled with this investment.