Mormons still baptising Holocaust victims.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Re: Mormons still baptising Holocaust victims.

Post by _I have a question »

cacheman wrote:
moinmoin wrote:Has it honestly not occurred to anyone that she (or those connected to her) keep on submitting these names so that they can try to continue embarrassing the Church? I mean, she knows the second it happens. It's at least as possible for her and her network to keep doing it as it is for any other Mormons who somehow can.

It's worth noting that Helen is on the record (in 2012) denying that she had anything to do with making submissions. I believe the 1995 agreement stipulated that the church would reprimand or sanction members who violated this policy. I can't imagine that they would agree to that if they weren't able to identify the sources of submitted names. If there was something fishy going on, I would guess the church would be all over it.

cacheman

Moinmoin has no supporting evidence whatsoever for his slanderous comments about Radkey.
Radkey, on the other hand, provides plenty of supporting evidence for her claims that the Church is still as incompetent as ever at honouring its commitment to properly sanction posthumous ordinances and to ensure Holocaust victims aren’t posthumously baptised by unrelated people.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')