Slipping the F word into an MD&D Thread

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Slipping the F word into an MD&D Thread

Post by _moksha »

Oh, my heck! Someone has used the F--K word at the Mormon D&D board. Even Calm posted on the thread and it was not to close the thread.

What is going on? Has the spirit of the Essays permeated to a Mormon apologetic board?

Anyway, there are the asterisks and other miscellaneous letters that one would find on this board, but the fact that they allowed even the shell of the word in a purposeful context must mean that hyper-righteousness is waning.

Faith and begorrah! What a nice surprise.

http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/69978-the-worst-comment-in-sunday-school-ever-part-2/
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Re: Slipping the F word into an MD&D Thread

Post by _Dr Exiled »

I'll have to incorporate the f-bomb in my next reply over there and see how it goes :lol:
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Post by _Craig Paxton »

moksha wrote:Oh, my heck! Someone has used the F--K word at the Mormon D&D board. Even Calm posted on the thread and it was not to close the thread.

What is going on? Has the spirit of the Essays permeated to a Mormon apologetic board?

Anyway, there are the asterisks and other miscellaneous letters that one would find on this board, but the fact that they allowed even the shell of the word in a purposeful context must mean that hyper-righteousness is waning.

Faith and begorrah! What a nice surprise.

http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/69978-the-worst-comment-in-sunday-school-ever-part-2/

OK Mission accomplished...you made me go look and link to that thread. F*** You
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

I saw the thread last night. Just got home from work and was very surprised that it was not closed.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Heh...... years ago I remember hearing it spoken in an LDS home and the girl got in trouble and me and her mom got talking about it and she wondered what its history was, so I went home and researched it and wrote a paper for her. I later turned it in at college for one of my history classes. Got an A on it, kinda fun! A truly interesting and remarkable word with an evolution in its history, without doubt.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Craig Paxton wrote:http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/69978-the-worst-comment-in-sunday-school-ever-part-2/

OK Mission accomplished...you made me go look and link to that thread. F*** You

Ha! You made me relook and I discovered that they are now using all asterisks on that board, so **** ***.

You have to admit that using all asterisks does have a certain elegance and I say that in the name of ***** ******, ****.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

Philo Sofee wrote:Heh...... years ago I remember hearing it spoken in an LDS home and the girl got in trouble and me and her mom got talking about it and she wondered what its history was, so I went home and researched it and wrote a paper for her. I later turned it in at college for one of my history classes. Got an A on it, kinda fun! A truly interesting and remarkable word with an evolution in its history, without doubt.

Plz post it.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

This is the first time it was used...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYQR-O65KVY
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"