In praise of DNA genetics

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

In praise of DNA genetics

Post by _Quasimodo »

A great article that shows how accurate DNA analysis can be.
http://popular-archaeology.com/issue/fa ... -inca-rule

Popular Archaeology wrote:First of all, there's still a strong surviving Native American component, despite all the admixture with European genes ever since the Spanish conquest.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: In praise of DNA genetics

Post by _Philo Sofee »

From that same article
The study emerges out of a collaboration between research institutes in Peru and in Germany, including the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History.

This is what else is cool is everyone getting in on it together and cross checking, and bolstering the evidences and making sure things are in cohesion. I love stuff like this! Thanks for the link!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Re: In praise of DNA genetics

Post by _Quasimodo »

Philo Sofee wrote:From that same article
The study emerges out of a collaboration between research institutes in Peru and in Germany, including the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History.

This is what else is cool is everyone getting in on it together and cross checking, and bolstering the evidences and making sure things are in cohesion. I love stuff like this! Thanks for the link!

You are very welcome, Philo! I'm glad you liked it. I think it might be a little arcane for some, but it's implications do shoot holes through most apologist's arguments.

Popular Archaeology is a great site if you have an interest in history.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.