Merry Smithmas!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_deacon blues
_Emeritus

Re: Merry Smithmas!

Post by _deacon blues »

Great artwork, Grindael.
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

And a merry Smithmas to you to Grindael. Take your coat off and stay a while.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

grindael wrote:I only stopped by cause I had some free time. Do we say Merry Christmas ahead of Christmas?

Yes, of course we do. A friend and I wished each other a "Merry Christmas" last night as we left from our dinner together.

If I've made some great gaffe in wishing a Merry Smithmas beforehand, I stand corrected and will never do so again.

You have not.

I should know better I guess.

Please don't let yourself be influenced like that.

Till next year...

No, stay here with us. You are wanted and welcome to be here.
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Ever since the commercialization of Christmas, it is appropriate to wish everyone a Merry Christmas right after Thanksgiving and continue saying it till January 2nd.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Chuck Finley
_Emeritus

Post by _Chuck Finley »

I find the picture in the OP very unsettling. Not sure why that picture bugs me, but it does.
Proud to be the first of the "February Four" expelled from the Ceebooist branch of NeverMormonism.
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

Chuck Finley wrote:I find the picture in the OP very unsettling. Not sure why that picture bugs me, but it does.

unsettling ?

.Image.
what about this ?
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.