If You Can Read This Sentence, I Can Prove God Exists

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

If You Can Read This Sentence, I Can Prove God Exists

Post by _Philo Sofee »

This guy is interesting.....
https://cosmicfingerprints.com/god-of-gaps/

He brags about his talk called "If you can read this sentence, I can prove God exists." It was the longest running debate on Infidels, the world's largest atheist site on the net for over a decade. No one refuted him, he contends... and then he says this.....

"However I must be clear: I did not prove God exists. What I proved is

that there is a vast gap in our knowledge. A gap for which the only known solution is some form of intelligence."

I hate to be rude (I think), buuuuuuuuuut...........
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Faithists....... :rolleyes: logic escapes their every breath.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: If You Can Read This Sentence, I Can Prove God Exists

Post by _Maksutov »

God exists. As an idea. A word. A picture.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

Maksutov wrote:God exists. As an idea. A word. A picture
like this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/30/%27Adam%27s_Creation_Sistine_Chapel_ceiling%27_by_Michelangelo_JBU33cut.jpg/600px-%27Adam%27s_Creation_Sistine_Chapel_ceiling%27_by_Michelangelo_JBU33cut.jpg --- a nsfw here...
The Creation of Adam is a fresco painting by Michelangelo, which forms part of the Sistine Chapel's ceiling, painted c. 1508–1512. It illustrates the Biblical creation narrative from the Book of Genesis in which God breathes life into Adam, the first man.
the picture would cause to ban somebody's images forever, because of 8x8 pixel sized part - in the middle of adam

as part of the Sistine Chapel's ceiling it is ok since 500 years
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Maksutov wrote:God exists. As an idea. A word. A picture.

The non-existence of god likewise exists. As an idea. A word. A picture.

For the record, I'm not saying so to build an appearance of equivalence. What is interesting is the logical implications of both statements.
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

It's as good as if God exists when someone conceives of his existence. As soon as someone does, there is a god. It doesn't matter if some form is actually a god or if the whispy wind carries his touch. I find arguments to say God doesn't exist to be interesting, mostly because they often carry good information to feed off of, but they are also ineffective. Because no matter how sound the argument is millions of people out there still have it that they know there's a god. He at least exists in their imaginations. And at this point, what's the difference if he's someone's imagination or if he's sitting on a cloud, or inhabiting an unknown dimension?
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Frodo exists.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Cylon
_Emeritus

Post by _Cylon »

God of the Gaps fallacies are a dime a dozen among apologists, but most of them don't come right out and say that's what they're arguing. Give that guy props for transparency, I guess.
_Uncle Ed
_Emeritus

Post by _Uncle Ed »

"God of the gaps" IS the fallacy. The only gaps are human ignorance.

"What Is Existence?" Feel free to point out any gaps in that question.
A man should never step a foot into the field,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need arms,
Or what menace meet on the road. - Hávamál 38

Man's joy is in Man. - Hávamál 47