MD&D version of starting a grievance thread

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_cwald
_Emeritus

Re: MD&D version of starting a grievance thread

Post by _cwald »

Scott Lloyd wrote: -- although I suspect Hestia was pissed off by the prior push back and was set to seize on the slightest provocation.

They've been unusually heavy-handed lately, and I don't altogether understand why.

Stop pissing off Calm.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Post by _Craig Paxton »

Scott Lloyd wrote:Actually, their response was to give me what I had asked for, an explanation.

The subsequent thread ban (third in a string) was a separate incident -- although I suspect Hestia was pissed off by the prior push back and was set to seize on the slightest provocation.

They've been unusually heavy-handed lately, and I don't altogether understand why.

Like i said schadenfreude....Scott, I’m enjoying your pain...PS: I know you miss me and my alter ego Johnnie Cake
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Lemmie wrote:There is nothing new under the sun, is there? Over on MD&D, Scott Lloyd has started a thread to explain how badly the board is treating him, and what he has decided he will and won't be doing in the future unless they shape up. All he needs to do is call MD&D an echo chamber and the similarities will be complete:
another mental gymnast wrote:This is getting to be a bad habit.

In less than a month I have been blindsided with a thread banning for no discernible reason, this time from the thread about the Masterpiece Cake Shop case.

Again, there was no explanation offered, not even the typical, cryptic "poster removed" in red at the bottom of one of the posts.

I have requested to know the reason but have not yet heard back from the administrators (I never did hear back from them on the prior occasion).

After well over a decade of posting on this and its predecessor board and after more than 23,700 posts, I'm not used to being dealt with in this way. I will give the administrators three days from this moment to get back to me with an explanation. If none is forthcoming, I will impose the only penalty available to me which is to cease contributing content to this board.

Edited 4 hours ago by Scott Lloyd
http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/699 ... n-a-month/

I don't curse much, but that guy is a dick.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Scott Lloyd wrote:Actually, their response was to give me what I had asked for, an explanation.

The subsequent thread ban (third in a string) was a separate incident -- although I suspect Hestia was pissed off by the prior push back and was set to seize on the slightest provocation.

I just read this, so not to be a hypocrite, you are a dick.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Gadianton wrote:So, the faction of apologists who escaped to MAD ...

Spot on post. Now what the hell to do with the majority of tithing payers whom are Chapel Mormons and orthodox to the bone?

How to inoculate the active masses with Postmodernism without killing them? Once we hit the point where it can be said over the chapel pulpit during a fast and testimony meeting that "I know that the Book of Mormon is not historical, but it is a sacred work given from God", we have cleared the bar!

Bottom line, they are going to have to wait until all the baby boomers die off, and hope they have retained the following generations. Good luck with that!
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Madison54 wrote:Well, Russell is back again (after being banned) and Scott is obviously thrilled about it. The two of them together are obnoxious and I think the moderators think they are too. I’m just a bit surprised they’re taking it out on Scott and have left Russell alone (so far) because his comments are much more abrasive and rude than Scott’s (but Scott immediately thumbs up every one of his posts). Scott loves having his buddy back.

Perhaps, like MI and DCP's crew, MDDB might someday realize that the likes of Scott and Russell are NOT helping their cause. Perhaps that day has come eh Scott? Move to a postmodern position or leave, your old ways are obsolete.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Scott Lloyd wrote:They've been unusually heavy-handed lately, and I don't altogether understand why.

A spot of bad mustard, hot flashes, or just getting up on the wrong side of the bed. No need to make any sense out of it.

Pahoran is back! Together you can castigate those infuriating infidels at D&D. Hell hath no fury like an Intercontinental Ballistic Mormon!

Actually, I came to appreciate both Pahoran and Stem at Liz's board. I even wrote some extra verses to Mack the Knife as a friendly gesture.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

moksha wrote:
Scott Lloyd wrote:They've been unusually heavy-handed lately, and I don't altogether understand why.

A spot of bad mustard, hot flashes, or just getting up on the wrong side of the bed. No need to make any sense out of it.

Pahoran is back! Together you can castigate those infuriating infidels at D&D. Hell hath no fury like an Intercontinental Ballistic Mormon!

Actually, I came to appreciate both Pahoran and Stem at Liz's board.

I was going along with this with a bit of a chuckle until at the end I learned I've been grouped with Pahoran. Ouch!

just kidding Pathoran or kiwi at the other board now is a sweet heart.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Stem wrote:I was going along with this with a bit of a chuckle until at the end I learned I've been grouped with Pahoran. Ouch!

just kidding Pathoran or kiwi at the other board now is a sweet heart.

Stem, you are in my group of favorite posters.

Good to hear that the years have mellowed Pahoran. Perhaps he has reached the stage of generativity in terms of allowing divergent opinions. Muy Bueno!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace