Facsimile No. 3 printing plate reveals jackal head Anubis

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Facsimile No. 3 printing plate reveals jackal head Anubi

Post by _Shulem »

Get the impression that Reuben Hedlock hacked the nose off Anubis because Joseph Smith told him to.

I dare LDS apologists to prove otherwise! The LDS church is guilty as charged for desecrating the sacred memory of the ancient Egyptian religion and making a mockery of its gods.

Listen up, LDS apologists: Bring forth the original papyrus of Facsimile No. 3 and prove me wrong! I assert that Joseph Smith and Reuben Hedlock altered the original and perverted the image of the god Anubis on the Mormon Facsimilies. Shame on the Mormon church! Shame on LDS apologists and LDS Egyptologists that defend corrupted images of funerary papyri!

The LDS Facsimiles are perverted Egyptian art used by Joseph Smith to further his corrupt ideas.

The nose of Anubis was hacked off!
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Lemmie wrote:
moksha wrote:Seems like authors are routinely granted a degree of artistic license, so why not just accept it in this case?

Authors, yes. Interpreters, no!

The title page of the original Book of Mormon listed Joseph Smith as the Author and Sole Proprietor.

Think of this as akin to the Orson Wells' broadcast of The War of the Worlds for the Mercury Theatre program on CBS Radio. Orson put together a compelling adaptation of H.G. Wells' novel. He did it in such a way as to draw and hold the interest of the radio audience. Many were entertained by it and a few believed it to be real. Life was simpler back then and whether the setting was Zarahemla or Grover's Mill, the stories were compelling for many readers and listeners.

If Orson was entitled to an artistic license to achieve his goal, despite the consternation of some, why shouldn't author Joseph Smith be granted the same license?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Lemmie wrote:
moksha wrote:Seems like authors are routinely granted a degree of artistic license, so why not just accept it in this case?

Authors, yes. Interpreters, no!

moksha wrote:The title page of the original Book of Mormon listed Joseph Smith as the Author and Sole Proprietor.

I take your point, that it's all fiction, but aren't we talking about the Book of Abraham here, not the original Book of Mormon?
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I'm creating a simple website for the Facsimile No. 3. It's coming along nicely. PRESENTATION is everything.

:smile:
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:I'm creating a simple website for the Facsimile No. 3. It's coming along nicely. PRESENTATION is everything.

A link when it is up and running please, otherwise I would absolute HATE to box yer ears....... :wink:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Shulem wrote:I'm creating a simple website for the Facsimile No. 3. It's coming along nicely. PRESENTATION is everything.

Looking forward to it! Along with philo I am anxiously awaiting a link-it's been fascinating to watch this line of thought evolve.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:

A link when it is up and running please, otherwise I would absolute HATE to box yer ears....... :wink:

Don't worry, you'll get the link. The presentation is going to be stunning and it will take you right back to the beginning to Joseph Smith. The imagery and choice cuts of information will stimulate the mind and heart like never before. It's going to be simple yet elegant and intriguing.

It's going to be a thorn in the side of the church.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Lemmie wrote:

Looking forward to it! Along with philo I am anxiously awaiting a link-it's been fascinating to watch this line of thought evolve.

It will be like flowers you'll want to put in a vase. You won't be disappointed!
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Any chance, at all, that any of the other papyrus fragments exist? Or are we 100% certain they were, without a doubt, destroyed? I can't help be a bit skeptical that the Church isn't holding onto something somewhere...

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Any chance, at all, that any of the other papyrus fragments exist? Or are we 100% certain they were, without a doubt, destroyed? I can't help be a bit skeptical that the Church isn't holding onto something somewhere...

- Doc

There is no way of knowing. The church has a long history of hiding things and covering things up. There is no way of telling what exactly is in the historical vault other than what they tell us. For all we know the original papyrus for Facsimile No. 3 is in the vault and the church is keeping that from us because Anubis (so-called slave) has a jackal head.

I don't trust the LDS church or its leaders any further than I can throw it. And, with that said, I do intend to throw the LDS church with my new website. I intend to hurt it right where it counts. I'm going to punch the LDS church right in the face! I'm going to give the LDS church a bloody nose, far worse, I hope.