Godless...Netflix

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Godless...Netflix

Post by _Markk »

There is a new series on Netflix Titled "Godless". I just finished the second episode and it was revealed the "bad guy" (Jeff Daniels) was a survivor of the Mountain Meadows Massacre. There was even a mention of the Garden of Eden being in Independence Missouri. So far a good one if you like dark westerns, along the line of Hell on Wheels.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: Godless...Netflix

Post by _Maksutov »

I liked it. The MMM stuff is brief but seems to recur in Frank's flashbacks, too. The Isaac Haight reference was a bit different, no mention of John D. Lee that I can recall, but there was a pun in being the son of Haight (Hate). :wink:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

Went through all available episodes this weekend. It was a very good show
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Started the series last night and got to episode 5

Pretty good. I chuckled listening to the Garden of Eden dialogue. I wish they would have done more with the Mountain Meadows plot. They talked about it a lot in episode 2, but really haven't done anything with it since.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Post by _Craig Paxton »

Markk wrote:There is a new series on Netflix Titled "Godless". I just finished the second episode and it was revealed the "bad guy" (Jeff Daniels) was a survivor of the Mountain Meadows Massacre. There was even a mention of the Garden of Eden being in Independence Missouri. So far a good one if you like dark westerns, along the line of Hell on Wheels.

They also stated incorrectly that MMM took place in 1854 instead of 1857. Don’t know why they would make such an obvious mistake.
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Craig Paxton wrote:
They also stated incorrectly that MMM took place in 1854 instead of 1857. Don’t know why they would make such an obvious mistake.

If apologists review the episode they are going to point out that irrelevancy. Apologists always point out minor mistakes.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

GREAT series!!!!!!! Thanks for the heads up about it. We got through three of them tonight.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."