A new blog counteracting Sic et Non's nonscience nonsense

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

A new blog counteracting Sic et Non's nonscience nonsense

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Our late and beloved Sock Puppet just notified me of a site apparently brand new which exposes Sic et Non for the scientific nonsense Daniel C. Peterson persistently posts. Here is the goodies.
http://www.sicketnon.com/

The advantage as I can see it is we won't have to completely clutter up this place with the inanities against science the apologists continually present. We can keep abreast of them on that site, and notify this one from time to time on the goodies goings on over there. Whoever put this up is doing a valuable service, and I for one intend on using it extensively. Wish I'd a thought of it, dang it!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: A new blog counteracting Sic et Non's nonscience nonsens

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Oh my yes, that's just what this board needs. Another place to follow DCP and bring it back here for discussion.

Redundant much?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Jersey Girl wrote:Oh my yes, that's just what this board needs. Another place to follow DCP and bring it back here for discussion.

Redundant much?

LOL! Good point girl.......
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Like this:

The advantage as I can see it is we won't have to completely clutter up this place with the inanities against science the apologists continually present. We can keep abreast of them on that site, and notify this one from time to time on the goodies goings on over there. Whoever put this up is doing a valuable service, and I for one intend on using it extensively. Wish I'd a thought of it, dang it!

What you're saying here is that someone started a blog detailing crap from DCP's blog so we can all keep up with DCP's goings on by following the blog and bringing it here?

For what purpose? This board is littered with threads about DCP and his blog, lately most of them have been posted by you--why on earth would anyone want to use a go-between site?

For that matter, why would anyone give a damn about DCP to start with? He's exactly no one to anyone but a small band of followers who live and operate in the same vacuum of time and space that he does.

Why are you interested in this to begin with? Do you find it at all entertaining to give attention to someone who doesn't give a rats ass about you or anyone else here and who simply uses some of the postings here as fodder for his blog posts?

Do you like being used, Kerry? Do you like being his pawn?

Because that's exactly what your function is these days in relation to him. Hopefully someone else will come along who can articulate this in a much nicer or less than direct way than I can, that you'll find more appealing.

But I'm from Jersey so what do you expect?
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Also since you mentioned sock, can you please follow his wishes and give him a message for me? Here it is...

Jersey Girl wrote:If you're so enamored of ludwigm, you might have bothered to take notice that he's still here.

Thanks.
Chinese Proverb
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Who built the site? Did Sock Puppet build it?
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MDB.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _Maksutov »

DCP is apparently writing some big slam of secularism. I suppose it will be his Summa. Whatever. Tell it to the woo-mongers and the fundamentalists, but they've been at it longer than our beloved Paranormal Peterson. Maybe his great opus will be a neoSpiritualist fantasy of "phenomena" to put halos on the Cunning Men of western New York. Maybe there will be aliens and Bigfoot and Velikovsky and Nibiru. :lol: And dowsing! Don't forget the dowsing.

Last edited by Guest on Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Jesse Pinkman wrote:Who built the site? Did Sock Puppet build it?

Best guess: it belongs to sock.
Chinese Proverb
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

DCP obviously has some problems in life
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Post by _aussieguy55 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8vaGe_P20g

Interesting debate about evidence and religion.
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"