Church of the Fridge Hits the Nail on the Head (again)

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Church of the Fridge Hits the Nail on the Head (again)

Post by _Philo Sofee »

http://churchofthefridge.com/the-real-r ... lds-faith/

In some ways I agree with this nifty little missive on why Mormons who leave become atheists instead of Christian. The last sentence and its conclusion is awesome! :lol:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: Church of the Fridge Hits the Nail on the Head (again)

Post by _Maksutov »

Once you develop a BS detector...
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Philo Sofee wrote:http://churchofthefridge.com/the-real-reason-so-many-mormons-become-atheists-after-losing-their-lds-faith/

In some ways I agree with this nifty little missive on why Mormons who leave become atheists instead of Christian. The last sentence and its conclusion is awesome! :lol:

Do we actually know how common this is? I've never seen any stats, but keep hoping someone will do an actual survey.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Philo Sofee wrote:http://churchofthefridge.com/the-real-reason-so-many-mormons-become-atheists-after-losing-their-lds-faith/

Do we actually know how common this is? I've never seen any stats, but keep hoping someone will do an actual survey.

I personally don't know. It would be cool to see some stats...
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Maksutov wrote:Once you develop a BS detector...

And if you can resist the pull of social pressure enough to extract yourself from Mormonism, you might just be more immune from the pressure of other groups. Not always, but could be a factor.
_deacon blues
_Emeritus

Post by _deacon blues »

I was interested in the next article by CoftheF, where the Houston Temple is miraculously spared from 2016 floods, but Harvey in 2017, broke down the wall of faith. Hmmmmm :rolleyes: