God trusts scientists

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: God trusts scientists

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:for what it's worth, I’d like to see your response, Jersey Girl. But first, let me put on this flame-resistant suit. :lol:

Smart man. ;-) Did ya feel me rear back there for a minute? It may come off as more of a whine. But it's going to come off all the same.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Philo Sofee wrote:Public will be fine....

First would you mind answering a question. Did we ever try to convert each other?

I suspect so. Heck we still are aren't we..... :wink:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:for what it's worth, I’d like to see your response, Jersey Girl. But first, let me put on this flame-resistant suit. :lol:

Smart man. ;-) Did ya feel me rear back there for a minute? It may come off as more of a whine. But it's going to come off all the same.

I expect more of a haymaker than a whine. Have at him.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
First would you mind answering a question. Did we ever try to convert each other?

I suspect so. Heck we still are aren't we..... :wink:

To each other's religion? Be serious for a minute.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

The responsibility of tolerance lies with those who have the wider vision. ~ George Eliot
Chinese Proverb
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Jersey Girl wrote:The responsibility of tolerance lies with those who have the wider vision. ~ George Eliot

The response of patience lies with those who argue with those of narrow vision - Kerry A. Shirts :biggrin:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:The responsibility of tolerance lies with those who have the wider vision. ~ George Eliot

The response of patience lies with those who argue with those of narrow vision - Kerry A. Shirts :biggrin:

There's no one arguing with you. There's no one arguing with me.
Chinese Proverb
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

I know, I was just trying to be a smarty britches and make ya smile, yer cute when you smile. :razz:
Dr CamNC4Me
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Philo Sofee wrote:I know, I was just trying to be a smarty britches and make ya smile, yer cute when you smile. :razz:

You can't right now and let me show you why.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Jersey Girl
Some folks intuit God in what they see and experience. What is that to you?

Nothing as long as they don't force others to imagine crackers metamorphizing in their mouths as that God's body, or force me to wear their brand of underwear,

No one has forced you or anyone else to do those things. No one is forcing you or anyone else to do those things now. Who do you imagine is forcing you to do anything at all?

or try to get their kooky views into public tax payer education forums.

You have total freedom to join any opposition of your choosing and put your back into it, write to your representatives, and exercise the power of your vote.

As long as they keep to themselves they can believe anything they want to.

You mean like shut up about it? You mean like you are?

Buying Senators and Congressmen to make their views law for everyone else is a declaration of war.

If you think there's a war, sign on and fight it.
Chinese Proverb